61. Young Feel Rage

Zachary was furious. He could not believe that Alessia would show such brutality to this level. He had been in her interrogation room for about an hour now and was feeling appalled by the horrific and painful spells that the cruel woman cast at the poor offenders. She tormented them for sometime and then summoned dungeon enforcers to accompany the poor souls to the captive headquarters to be interrogated by Benjamin and sent to the dungeons.

As the enforcers took the last captive away who had been condemned to meet with Benjamin for breaking curfew, the room once again fell silent. Zachary held his breath. He was sure that Alessia was going to use the pause within her interrogations to turn her full attention to him and he was right. Alessia stood up from her chair behind her desk and turned to Zachary who was standing stiffly a few steps behind her chair leaning to the wall.

Alessia walked towards Zachary until she was one step away from him. This close proximity bothered Zachary. He could not stand this woman standing this close. Alessia's eyes were void of emotion. He just hated staring into them. He was beginning to think that this woman had no soul. He did the only thing that he could do that he knew would set Alessia off. Zachary looked away from her.

Alessia sighed " I thought I told you to look at me Zachary. Unless you would like me to add another hour to your stay here. I could easily make it three hours. So I suggest you don't add to your offences." Zachary was alarmed. He didn't want to be in Alessia's presence for longer than necessary so he forced himself to look up into her cold and cruel pair of eyes. The horrific woman was so obsessed with his father, she couldn't get enough of staring into Zachary's eyes to remind herself of him. It made Zachary cringe how much Alessia cared for his father. This was a total sign of disrespect to his mother. His parents were still married. How could Alessia insult the sacred bond of marriage to this level. This was beyond his comprehension.

Alessia smiled " I can't believe how much you resemble your father sometimes. I wish there was a way to fasten the process of capturing him and starting our joint family but that has to wait. The last time i received news from my assassins, it was reported that your mother was fatally injured and may already be dead but they have not brought her body to me. So I can't be sure. They said that your father escaped and took her badly injured body with him. I wonder where he might be hiding. My assassins told me that this happened near the sacred River in the central territory. I may go search for him personally in that area if I can get some days off from my duties. But we are at war. I may even be called up to the front line if master demands it so there is no time to go after the love of my life."

Zachary was trembling from anger. How could Alessia speak of his parents in such disrespectful manner. He was using all his power and focus to keep his temper in check. One wrong move and he could be charged with attacking a senior enforcer while on duty. Her rank was equivalent to a commander really. Only she had more civilian related roles rather than direct action. Her division was Law Enforcement. She worked alongside commanders but never had to report to master. Zachary decided to slowly sidestep Alessia and leave the room. He didn't care about the consequences of walking out. At least his punishment could be much lighter this way. Indiscipline was not an unforgivable crime but attacking a senior enforcer was.

As Zachary started to move, there was a knock on the door and Marcus, another senior enforcer walked in. Alessia turned quickly and protested " Marcus why didn't you wait for me to let you in. Please knock and wait for response next time."

Zachary was annoyed . There was no way he could get past Marcus if he tried to teleport to his room now. Marcus could easily intercept him even if he was miles away. So he kept his fists at his sides and stood stiffly with a clenched jaw in his position. He couldn't trust himself to speak and not insult Alessia or even attack her. This was a testing time for his self control.