160. Conflicts Within

Demetrious was shaking his head in disbelief staring at his brother who was walking back and forth smiling in the glass cell.

Demetrious whispered " I beg you Dante. Reverse this spell."

Dante laughed " I can't. I am in this glass cell. My powers don't reach the outside world anymore. I can only use my powers inside this cell not outside it. Only if you set me free I can reverse the spell."

Vasile walked to the cell and eyed Dante suspiciously " How is that possible? I can feel your waves of power coming off that dagger. You say you don't have control over it but you do."

Dante stopped pacing in his cell and looked at Vasile " Wouldn't you like to to know elemental. I should have thrown one dagger at you too. There was time for that before my cell got sealed completely. But I thought, I should wait and see what you do when Octavian attacks. That would be a great show to watch."

As Vasile was about to respond, Archelous walked to Vasile and put his hand on his shoulder. "Don't argue with him. He is just trying to get a reaction out of you. We don't have time for that. To answer your question, lets say he cast his torturing spells on that dagger before he was locked up. Just before this cell sealed itself, he cast that spell and threw that dagger. It keeps working now that he is in this box since he is still not dead. As long as the warlock who casts this kind of spell breathes, that dagger would be torturing Aretha with his selection of tortures he reserved for her when he cast the spell. I don't expect you to understand. You are not a Ronas. This dagger is a Ronas dagger. It's the specialty spell of Ronas bloodlines." He then looked at Demetrious as he carried on " Of course the empathic Ronas don't use such spells. A waste of their talent if you ask me."

Demetrious turned to Archelous and Vasile. He narrowed his eyes " Archlous. Don't you dare speak to me like that. My blood match is hurting over there out of my reach no thanks to this Ronas spell and all you can say is that its such a shame more of our kind don't use it?"

Archelous sighed " This is war time. We don't need to hide what we think. I tell you again that you are empathic and that stops you from using your talent and protecting your blood match. If you had been a more obedient brother to Dante and acted like a true Ronas, there was no way your blood match could be suffering this way as she is now at the other side of this room embraced by her sister. It should be you comforting her but your empathic actions landed you in this mess in the first place. You should be fighting at the other side right now and your blood match should have been standing by your side whether it was by force or blackmail I don't care which way. But you should have made your blood match submit to your way of life. Not the other way round."

Demetrious was breathing heavily with his tightly balled fists at his sides contemplating whether to attack Archelous.

Arethusa walked to them " Demetrious ignore him."She then turned to Archelous "Demetrious is standing by your side willing to defend your castle. How can you speak to him this way? Do you really want to lose one Ronas fighter here? Do you actually want Demetrious to help Octavian take over your home?"

Archelous rolled his eyes "Thats not what I meant. I am just stating the facts."

Azalea walked to her brother and spoke "Then what did you mean, Archelous? If you sympathise with the other side so much why not join them? Why not fight for them? Why are you here then? You sound like you belong to the enemies army. It seems to me that you dont sound like you mind if our home is taken from us?"

Dante chuckled " This is getting interesting. A bunch of kids fighting amongst their own side not knowing which side they belong to. I didnt expect to see this. I cant believe you people are going against my well trained army. I would like to see how you will face my commanders and their enforcers with this team work. I can't wait to see the outcome." His tone then turned serious " Actually Archelous, why don't you answer Azalea's question. State why you are fighting at this castle when you could be fighting alongside Octavian?"