105. Letting Go Is Painful

Demetrious could feel the waves of conflict within the room. Silance had taken over again and everyone were considering Damian's words. The healer coven were split on the decision to go after two Ronas commanders who were taken by Alpha Augustus. Waves of uncertainty from Athena was the strongest. He was baffled at Athena's hesitation to get involved in a deed that was an act considered to be helping others. He couldn't understand why she seemed unsure.

Demetrious cleared his throat " Athena. Can you explain to me why you are so reluctant to make a decision. I can feel that others are making their minds up but why are you so passive. What is wrong with Damian's proposal?"

Athena sighed and looked at her coven members " Well if others decide to go, I will come along too. We can take a vote. But I just don't trust Alpha Augustus, Demetrious. He is not an innocent man. There are reports of him committing acts that are not so different to what Dante does. I really hate to say this but I had a blurry vision once about Dante and Alpha Augustus standing next to each other once and smiling as though they knew each other for years. I am afraid that the vision may one day come true. There is no doubt that the way Alpha Augustus runs his pack is not so different to the Ronas running Arkansas. I simply don't trust him. I really don't want to object to go after the commanders and get them out but I object to making any deals or truces with Alpha Augustus."

Damian was determined, " So are there objections from any one in the room?"

People in the room were deep in thought and silent about what Athena had just said. But the waves of indecisiveness were filling the room gradually.

Damian turned to Donavan " Help me out here. Alpha Augustus has good relations with you. Can you give some assurance to the people here in this room."

Donavan shook his head " Well. I hate to tell you this but this coven does not need assurance. The girls do what they want even if the risks outweight the benefits. You are asking the wrong guy to assure Anyone here. I mean if the girls want to go to the hide out of Midnight Warriors, they can easily find it with jewel of illusion. Of course I am willing to help them with spells to break in and show them the smooth way in. But if you want me to assure you my friend, I am afraid I can't. As long as his lordship is with us and tags along, Alpha Augustus would look at us as a threat. If we want to be allies with that powerful pack, we must get rid of the Ronas blooded troublesome warlock here. Well his short temper does not help his case either. He has got to go. We have to send him where he belongs and that is the Ronas army base."

Aretha held Demetrious's hand in hers and spoke " Excuse me. You are out of order Donavan. He is my blood match. I don't want him to go back to his brother. Dante may hurt him further. I can't stand the thought of him in presence of a man who has no feelings. He is a monster. Imagine if your blood match was someone from the Ronas household or the Ronas army. How would you feel. Would you still so casually talk about sending them back to where they belong? Would you want her to keep serving Dante?"

Aretha hit a nerve with Donavan " Well. First of all there is no one above the Ronas in the brutality department. I am pretty certain whoever is my blood match, she can be capable of having a heart. Secondly this blood match of yours is influencing your judgement. I won't let mine influence me. But your blood match is too powerful and dangerous just like his brother. How can you not see that he is not like us. He has darkness in him. He is a cold hearted monster just like his brother."

Aretha roared " Are you saying Demetrious has no heart? How can you say that? He was born into his household. It is not his fault. You wouldn't have lasted as long as he has living so close to Dante Ronas. He has preserved his humanity regardless."

As Donavan was about to respond Aretha put her hand up " I don't want to hear any more. Demetrious has to stay here with us."

Demetrious turned to Donavan " I don't deny the things you said about me. I agree with you Donavan. But I can't ignore the waves of distress from my blood match right now because of your words. You have hurt her feelings. I give you one chance to apologise to her. You must promise not to hurt her again with your sharp words. If you don't comply then I would challenge you to a duel. The only reason I am calm is because she is holding my hand right now. You can't attack my blood match for my crimes. "