42. Future Commanders (part 1)

Zachary was waiting patiently while leaning against the entrance door on the ground floor of the multi storey mansion that belonged to his brother Sean. He had been anticipating for his sister Zelina to get ready for them to attend their interview assessments at the Ronas Recruitment head quarters.

His sister, Zelina always took her time getting dressed up even though in Zachary's view her appearance never mattered. The boys were always staring at her in awe whenever she entered any room whether it was at Phoenix academy or palace gatherings or at any simple birthday party. The power call of Zelina was too great for any warlock to resist and also she was as many boys put it " fit".

Zachary tried to blank out all the complimentary comments directed at his sister most of the time. But he never had to act to protect his sister from all the attention though. Well luckily for him, Zelina was a tough girl to mess with in any way. Also no one dared make a move on her because Zelina had managed to attract the attention of Phoenix Academy's head junior enforcer, Xanthos, who also happened to be the younger brother to their masters second in command, Xavier. Xanthos had managed to scare off all the lustful male stares simply because he was the most horrifying student at the academy. Zachary had tried so hard to keep his sister away from him but anyone with his influence could get anything they wanted. The rest of Phoenix Academy were lucky now since Xanthos's graduation 3 months ago had put an end to the torment of many.

Zachary came out of his flashback state as Zelina suddenly teleported in front of him " Uh, I am ready brother. Lets take the long route and walk. We still have plenty of time."

Zachary smiled " As you wish milady. I would like that actually. Then it would give me the chance to have the big brother talk with you."

As Zachary opened the door and gestured to Zelina to leave, there was a mini force sphere that struck Zachary suddenly. " Ow, that hurt. Since when do you throw shock spheres at your own brother. Uh it's against protocols you know." He spoke jokingly.

His sister turned to Zachary and looked at him with an annoyed expression " You deserved that. I don't need big brother talk. I can take care of myself Zachary. Besides nobody dares to get close to me these days because my boyfriend happens to be the big scary Xanthos. I get enough protective boyfriend talk time from him. I don't need extra advice." As she said this, Zelina walked out stomping her foot sprinting ahead of Zachary.

Zachary ran after her and grabbed her arm and turned Zelina to face him. He spoke with concern and worry in his eyes " Zelina. Come on. I am worried about you. You haven't even graduated yet and they want to see you. You happen to be one of the very few 17 year olds whom they have picked for long distance training in their senior year. For the next year, you would be surrounded by mature witches and warlocks. I don't like to see you defence less in that environment. I especially don't approve of the company that your boyfriend keeps. Some of them would most likely be your fellow trainees or colleagues. So you can't blame me for wanting so badly to have a talk with you to make sure you know of the dangers."

Zelina freed her hand and carried on walking as Zachary accompanied her and kept the same pace of walking. Zelina sighed " Zachary, you talk as though you are years older than me. Our age gap is hardly one year. You just turned 18 weeks ago. Yes, with your birthday came maturity but it doesn't mean you treat me like the baby sister who needs protecting. I can hold my own. And for your information, I applied for long distance learning. I want to be working alongside my top classmates. Ludwiq, Elisha and Roxana also applied to this program. They are 17 too. But I don't see their siblings trying to watch out for them."

Zachary was frustrated " Zelina. If Evelina was around, there was no way she would have let her sister volunteer to spend her senior year training for governmrnt posts. She wouldn't have let her step foot any where near the interview chambers at all. Well, you cant also follow the example of Ludwiq. He is Larissa's brother. He would fit in easily for his dark track record and his cruel nature. As for Rowlen. I don't think he needs to have a talk with his sister at all. What do you expect? They are Dylan's cousins. No one wants to be on the wrong side of any of the blood relatives of that psycho killing machine. You must keep clear of their path too. Those siblings are bad news."