132. Her Difficult Choices

Dante spoke to his brother in a bored tone " Fine. To put your mind at ease, I would postpone the trials of captives to later but my commemorations happens tonight. I still dont think this is a big deal. If someone is crazy enough to show up here and communicate with the blood matches of a Ronas, they seal their fate. Now, if there is nothing else you wish to discuss, show yourself out. I am about to go pick up Athena for our delayed breakfast date."

Demetrious spoke with disbelief. " Come on Dante. How can you be so calm about this. You are acting as though this is no news to you. I am worried for my blood match and you should be concerned for yours too. When a message reads " I am coming for you", it can have many meanings. What if this woman wishes to hurt Athena and Aretha? We must do more. We must find this woman before she finds our women."

Dante rolled his eyes " Come on brother. Why should I worry myself when a lamb is announcing they are entering a lions den? Whoever this woman might be, it does not bother me. If this woman truly is related to Athena and is on her way here, then she should be the one worried. I would welcome meeting more of Athena's close relatives for sure. If they get caught by me then I would have more lives in my hands to force Athena to stay with me even though she is reluctant to be close to a heartless conquerer like me......"

Demetrious spoke worriedly " But .... What if ..... What if .... She doesn't get caught? What if she succeeds in getting to our blood matches. What is she takes them away from us?"

Dante shrugged " so many What ifs are there. She can bring it on. If she succeeds in whatever twisted game she is starting, then it means let the games begin. I love games. But I know for sure Athena won't leave my side anytime soon since I am a man of my word and she knows it. I have threatened her with the lives of her loved ones. She won't dare go against me. But the question is how much control do you have over your blood match? If some crazy witch comes along and tries to take her, would she go willingly ..."

Demetrious growled " But this is not some crazy witch. This is most likely a witch who is related to Aretha. She may choose her family over me."

Dante smirked " Then that is your problem Demetrious. Maybe you should be treating your woman differently. Let your dark side come out brother. Let her see that you won't spare lives if she leaves your side for any reason. Until you don't embrace your Ronas genes, you will have to live in fear, brother. Show her some tough love and she won't dare consider consort with any witch, not even a blood relative. Now enough. Get out of here. I am late for my date."

Demetrious nodded but he looked thoughtful. Was Dante right? He contemplated.

Dante teleported himself to Athena's room and found her next to the window. He smiled warmly and took a deep breath. He walked behind Athena and embraced her from behind " What are you looking at my love? What are you thinking about?"

Athena leaned onto Dante's chest who had his arms wrapped around her stomach " I was just looking at the mountains. I miss hiking. I miss travelling from territory to territory saving lives. I wish I could be free again."

Dante made his grip tighter " Do you miss your past so badly, Athena? Do you desire to rejoin your healer coven again? Aren't I enough for you? Isn't our love enough? Isn't living in this castle with me enough?"

Athena spoke "I dont really know anymore. Living with you has come at a cost. I have had to say goodbye to everything I have known and loved. I have given up so much to be here. Why does our relationship have to be this way? Why can't I continue with who I was and you continue with who you are even while we are dating right now."

Dante growled "You claim you have made sacrifices. But how about everything I have given up for you Athena? You are not the only one making sacrifices here. I am truly holding back my true desires here. I am a Ronas. I don't do waiting. I don't do patience. But for you I am making exceptions. I want to make you mine right this minute if you allowed it. But you won't and it does bother me but I love you enough to suppress my desires. Every time I see you I want to hold you tight and not let go. I want to show you to the world as my wife and my entitlement. But I can't. So you are not the only one who feels like they are giving up something."