151. Commemorations (Part 1)

Leona and Eros were holding Demetrious's hands tightly and trying spell after spell to heal their youngest son. But nothing was working.

Leona spoke " I can't believe this. There is no change in his state. He is shivering with a fever and breathing heavily in his deep tormenting state. Dante is going too far. I dont know any other spells to help wake him up from his coma. Eros. You must go ask Dante to make his way here and heal Demetrious. Either you go or I will."

Eros sighed " He won't listen Leona. We have already tried. We have to accept it that we can't influence Dante no matter how hard we try. On his eighteenth birthday, when I abdicated I knew my control over my oldest son was over. He was more powerful than me even at such young age. I handed over the leadership of Arkansas to him for a reason that day and that was the fact that my son is a born leader. Not a follower. Dante ...... is alot like me. He has inherited his stern approach from me. These are all enhanced Ronas traits. He is even more powerful now than back then. We cant influence him. he has a mind of his own."

Leona spoke "So I should go to him then. Why do you remain so dead set on keeping out of Dante's way? Just stand up to him and tell him he has no right to hurt Demetrious. Why didnt you help me back there in his throne room to stop him from condemning our son to more torment. A little bit of support would be appreciated. I cant take on Dante by myself.."

Eros spoke "We cant take on Dante together either. Actually about that. Leona don't ever try to plead to Dante to change his mind. I dont back you up since I know protests wont make any difference. Besides it wouldn't end well. I was so concerned for you when you walked up to him on his throne and demanded him to finish tormenting Demetrious. I saw a glint in his eyes then. He was daring you to challenge him. If you had offended him, I couldn't have stopped him from hurting you. I can protect you against any one else but not him. You saw how he attacked me earlier regarding my knowledge of my brothers whereabouts. He cant be stopped. Leona give me your word to keep out of our son's way from now on. Please."

Leona's spoke " I wouldn't stand in Dante's way unless its Demetrious's life at stake and you know it. The thought has crossed my mind that we should ........ get Demetrious sent elsewhere for his safety. It would hurt me to be away from him but if we get him banished at least he would not get hurt this way. It's killing me to watch him wither in pain."

Dante's voice startled Leona from behind her " Impossible mother. Demetrious would never be allowed to be sent away. I have plans for him."

Leona turned and spoke " You have appeared here right on time. I was going to send your father to get you. Don't you think it's time for you to end Demetrious's torment? Your commemorations start within the hour."

Dante spoke " That is all you think about mother. Saving Demetrious. Why you can't let him take responsibility and serve his punishment like everyone else, is baffling to me. Now before I ask you to leave, let make something clear. Your talk of his banishment caught my attention just now. Mother I assure you that I would never kill Demetrious if thats what concerns you. I would hurt him close to death but he won't die by my hands so don't even think about asking for any banishment orders for him. Now that we have that cleared up, I need to ask you to leave. Get ready for the ceremonies. As you said not long left." He then waved his hands and his parents disappeared from the room. He knew his parents werent going to leave his brothers side so he had to force them out.

Dante sat down on a sofa next to Demetrious's bed and conjured a Butterscotch whiskey bottle. As he was drinking he waved his hands and suddenly his brother opened his eyes and took deep breaths.

Dante taunted him "Did you have sweet dreams?"

Demetrious groaned as he turned his head towards his brother. He then tried to sit up but groaned and gritted his teeth.