106. Encounter with the warrior (part 1)

Zachary and Xanthos were walking alongside the sacred river area near by to Marisya's waterfall scanning the area as their team were also spread around the area lead by them of trackers looking for clues for any escaped rebels.

Xanthos spoke " I hate this place. Of all the places they could send us for finding escaped rebels, they had to pick this cursed waterfall. I wonder if it was Xaviers idea to pick this spot. Afterall we are going to be stuck here all night too for our night shift. I am certain Xavier did this purposely. Maybe he is sending me a message by picking this spot as our assigned region to show that he is furious with me."

Zachary shook his head " Stop complaining Xanthos. This area is fine. As for the night shifts, We are lucky master ordered low level punishments for us and showed us consideration because of ....Lady Athena's presence..."

Xanthos's eyes widened " Are you crazy? Don't say her name. She is of forbidden blood. We can't risk talking about her. Only master is allowed to show her love or hate. Even if she came out of nowhere right now and attacked us, we are not allowed to defend ourselves. Seriously Zachary, don't mention her. What if master hears us somehow through someone. You never know."

Zachary huffed " I did not say anything bad about her. I just said her name. I think you are being paranoid. Night time hasn't even come and you are suffering from sleepless night symptoms. Just try to relax man. We are lucky to be alive. He then took out a bottle and handed it to Xanthos. " Here. Drink this. I made this potion. This would help you get through the night thats nearing us. But first tell me why do you hate this place? What's wrong with Marisya's waterfall. And why do you think Xavier is involved in choosing this spot for your night shift to punish you further. I don't think he is even bothered by the whole incident. To him we have done nothing wrong really. Putting a prisoner in a coma deserves reward in his eyes. He was just trying to come up with excuses for the escape of three top prisoners. That is all. Sean was furious but he said he is proud of me for being involved in tormenting Sabrina. He also patted me on the back to be on masters good books for getting such light punishment. So don't over think this man."

Xanthos sighed " You don't know how much I hate this place. My .... Brother, Xander was abducted from somewhere not far from here. This waterfall is a reminder of how brutally he was taken out of my family. My parents were so happy to hear he is still alive now. They can't wait to see him. I do too. But I want to kick his backside for taking sides with the enemy and willingly serving Alpha Augustus. He ambushed the camp twice you know. But he never felt guilty enough to stay behind to catch up with us, his brothers. He knows he is adopted and who is his family. He made that clear during his confrontation with Dylan the first time the camp was attacked."

Zachary nodded but before he could respond, he felt a strange presence nearby. Xanthos had felt it too. There was no doubt about it. They were under attack.

It all happened so fast. As Xanthos and Zachary sensed the danger, they quickly shouted out orders to the personnel they had with them. Within seconds, it all turned into a war zone where figures with green and black uniforms clashed with enforcers with green and black uniforms clashed with Ronas army wearing red and black.

Xanthos and Zachary were fighting from all directions but to their astonishment that didn't last long as they were teleported away by an unseen force. Suddenly they were baffled as they found themselves inside what they could only describe as a throne room. There were still green and black uniformed personnel surrounding them in a circle but they were not attacking them. Xanthos and Zachary still had their shields up and were wary. They could sense it was only the beginning of their ordeal even though there was only silence now surrounding them.

Suddenly a voice spoke with authority " Mission accomplished. Now all of you are dismissed. I only want these two captives here. No one is to disturb me until I summon you back."