59. Young Lovers Brawl

As Zachary left Serena's hotel room, he got curious with some noises he could hear from a distance. The sounds were quite muffled but he could also sense waves of pain and distress. It was lucky that he could detect the waves in the first place due to his powers since the waves were quite faint. It only meant that whatever was happening was at quite a long distance. He went through the teleportation spots for emergencies and found himself in a stair case to the basement. He went down about 20 levels beneath the ground and then he found the door to a room where the waves were most strong. To his surprise, the door was not locked. As he entered through the door, he came face to face with non other than Xanthos,s gang circling a battered and bloodied Octavian on the floor. What made him even more outraged was when Zachary spotted a distressed and crying Sabrina restrained by Blake at the side who was made to watch her boyfriend battered helplessly.

As Zachary entered he was frozen on the spot. Xanthos, Blake, Ludwiq and Rowlen were standing around Octavian in a circle. Taking turns to beat him up. Those four did not even notice Zachary entering the room. Suddenly Ludwiq and Blake switched roles. Blake was now about to start beating up Octavian and Ludwiq was now restraining Sabrina.

Zachary shouted "stop this instance".

All four just noticed his presence. Sabrina shouted helplessly " Please help Octavian Zachary. He is losing too much blood. He needs to be taken to the infirmity."

Xanthos laughed " We are no where near done with your boyfriend. I suggest you keep quiet and know your place before we make you watch your boyfriend hung upside down and tormented as well as this beating. We are taking it easy on him."

Zachary protested " What is this Xanthos. Let Octavian go. You do know the consequences if we are found out of our rooms after the martial law time starts. Then we would have to answer to Commander Alexander. This is curfew time. We must stay indoors."

Ludwiq spoke " Of course. the typical law abiding Zachary. well we are technically staying indoors. we are at the hotel where we are supposed to be. who cares where. Zachary either join us in teaching this moron a lesson or leave."

Zachary was annoyed. This had backfired. He tried again. " Very true Ludwiq. But do you want to even risk a reprimanding for being out of our rooms after lights out hours here. They may come around and check our rooms. what if they come and knock on your door and find it empty now. There is little chance that they would accept your friends as alibis that you were down here. We are the new recruits.,I don't know about you but Sean would beat the crap out of me if I get into trouble on first day after being appointed as a new recruit in my division. Your choice. If you want your highly ranked sibling or cousins to punish you for embarrassing them and tainting their reputation, be my guest. I am going back to my room. Your funeral."

Xanthos's eyes widened. Zachary knew that this would get Xanthos. His brother, Xavier was a real psycho and never held back if he was displeased in anyway by anyone. Even his own brother, Xanthos had a taste of his wrath on numerous occasions.

Xanthos turned completely pale as Zachary said this. He spoke " He is right guys. Lets get back to our rooms. We may not be breaking martial law by staying indoors at this accommodation but who's to say that the night warden trackers won't take us to the site manager for being out of our rooms. We could be cautioned and reprimanded and I am pretty sure this would appear on the front page of the reports the enforcers send to my brother every morning. I don't want to risk it. I am sure, your relatives in the Ronas army would act too when they hear about this. Octavian's punishment has to wait for another day."

Rowlen fumed " What? No. I have not even started with him. I need the whole night at least to give him a taster of what's to come."

Xanthos didn't like the challenge at all " Rowlen. No. We are going back to our rooms. My decision is final. We will get him another day. There is plenty of time."