110. Peace Talk with the Warrior

The mood in the meeting room of Alpha Augustus had changed so suddenly as Athena had left the room suddenly. She had excused herself to check something very urgently that couldnt wait.

Alpha Augustus was not happy at all "Cant we just continue with our meeting without Athena? I am not used to my guests leaving my presence with no good reason and expect for me to wait for them. I have respect for healer coven. Everyone does. They are rescuer of civilians but I can only allow some exceptional treatment here. What do you say Donavan? should we continue?"

It was Alexandra who spoke "She has left for a reason. She felt something. I trust her instincts. So should you. I can bet it has something to do with dante. It might be important. Even if you continue with the meeting, we cant give you any views or votes on anything without her agreement."

Tatiana nodded "Exactly. But you must take into account that we have our own concerns and doubts here. You are not the only one Alpha who has rules to follow. We have our own code of ethics too. Donavan convinced us to think about joining forces with you. Athena took a big risk by coming even though she knew her working with you could have grave consequences for you and herself if Dante finds out. Now she felt danger and she left to investigate all alone. Just wait for her please."

Alpha Augustus narrowed his eyes " Are you calling our pack weak? what do you mean by "grave consequences". This pack is enemies with the Ronas. Dont try to imply that this pack is weak."

Donavan choked as he saw the frown on Alpha Augustus's face. he added quickly. "Please dont get cross with Tatiana. We know your pack can hold their own but the healer coven could never risk adding additional dangers to anybody's situation. Athena agreed to come but made us all swear that if Dante Ronas found out and took us on while we are here, then ..... then the coven and I would take full responsibility and fix the issue."

Octavian rolled his eyes "Isnt the whole point of this meeting for us to join forces? We join together and resist Dante Ronas. There is no issue here to fix. We fight together. I thought my father agreed to that already."

Alpha Augustus nodded "Good answer. My son. As I said we have many common grounds. We are past the stage that whether we would join with you or not. We would take part in any mission you wish for us to take part in with you. Even your original concerns about us not working with Lady Athena is totally void. Her being dante's blood match does not stop this pack from forming an alliance with you. I dont see what is the problem here. Enlighten me. If you dont want weapons and forces from us, what do you want."

Damian sighed "Please wait for Athena to return and all would be explained. I am sure she would get back to the meeting soon. Why not have some whiskey while we are at it."

Donavan smirked "Indeed. Damian, thats a great idea. Southerners know how its done." As Donavan finished his sentence, Athena suddenly appeared back into the room and startled everyone. Donavan protested "Uh. have you heard of knocking Athena. How do you teleport so close to us without us detecting you anyways? and why are you....." Donavan stopped as he noticed the panic in Athena's face.

Athena got back to her seat at the table and shook her head in disbelief " Our fight just got more serious. I am sorry I left the room but I felt a powerful force leaving our hideout around the sacred river. Its bad news. Dante has taken ..... the jewel of illusion that was in my possession and ....."

The healers and Donavan gasped. Aretha spoke "Impossible. How could he do that? I thought he could only control his own half. That had some strong force within it. How did he conjure it."

Alpha Augustus spoke with no concern "Well. thats not a big problem. One object missing cant surely make you set back so much. What was so special about that jewel except controlling locations. One object doesnt help you resist Dante or win the war against him."