118. His Blue Rose (part 1)

Athena screamed and opened her eyes breathing heavily. She was not sure what part of what she had just seen she had dreamt and which part was reality. She slowly sat up and found herself to be sitting on a bed in a room that was strangely decorated that could only belong to a Ronas. The room's wall papers were black and red and there were spear looking chandeliers hanging from the wall. Of course, the dark aura she could feel in the air, made it obvious she was in castle of spears.

What got Athena curious were how everywhere she looked in the chamber, she spotted Arkansan blue roses. The numerous buckets of blue roses layed out every where were not accidental. Even the floor was also covered with blue rose petals. Athena recognised the gesture. Dante's great great ancestors, Ronas and Uzzia, loved Arkansan blue roses. Those breath taking flowers with their heavenly scent were planted everywhere in the castle of spears during the reign of Ronas and Uzzia and no one else under their rule in any territory was allowed to plant blue roses or possess them.

Athena sighed deeply. Dante had deliberately arranged for her to wake up to the sight of these rare and forbidden flowers. Knowing her blood match, she knew he was sending her a message. Dante's intention was surely purely reminding her that she was his and only his. The blue rose was now truly the symbol of possessiveness and obsessive love. Uzzia and Ronas did not permit any other soul to admire the beauty of blue roses but themselves. It all made sense. This gesture was a warning or a threat that Athena's love only belonged to only one being. To Dante, she was the rare blue rose that only Dante was allowed to admire and posses.

Athena stood up and walked around the room. The dark waves of power radiating from the walls of the castle of spears were quite intense. Athena was almost having second thoughts now. Had she done the right thing by giving up. Was she better off try to break out of the windows and run from her dark hearted blood match? Or she was meant to stay and continue her fight? She looked through the windows and gasped at how high up she was. Dante had placed her in the highest tower of the castle of spears.

Suddenly she felt him approaching but she didn't move. She just stood there looking outside the windows and trying to tell herself that she had to compromise for now until she could carry out some descent plan to escape the life Dante was planning for her. But then something stabbed her heart. She felt as though her heart was breaking at the thought of leaving Dante. Athena was torn. Part of her loved Dante and part of her wanted to be away from him.

Athena felt Dante's arms wrapping around her waist from behind. She didn't protest even though his grip was so tight and possessive. His voice carried frustration " At last you are awake. You kept me waiting long enough my beauty. Stop looking at the outside world. I won't let you leave this castle anytime soon. You are all mine and I wish to catch up with lost times with you. We had to endure being apart for so long all no thanks to your parents." His grip on her waist got tighter and Athena winced from the pain. He carried on sounding furious " I hate your parents. I hate them for taking you away from Arkansas when you were still a baby and hid you from the world using ancient enchantments. Marius and Flavia would pay for how they ripped away our childhood where we could grow up together and get to know each other better." He then turned Athena around and looked into her eyes.

Athena tried to reason with Dante "it's all not too late. We can spend time together. Dante you must not harm my parents. They are innocent and...."

Dante's eyes turned silver " Silence. I just come from seeing them in their cells. They are locked up underneath this castle guarded by dark curses. They confessed to everything. They took you away with the hope that we never met. They took you so they could protect their daughter from a miserable life." He laughed bitterly " Well they failed. The Ronas get what they want."