102. His Heart Keeps Beating

Demetrious knew nothing but pain. He was regaining consciousness slowly. For some reason he was feeling safe in those moments that he was duelling between consciousness and his nightmare state. He was still weak but he could feel the change in his body as he opened his eyes. He was shocked to his surroundings as he opened his eyes. It was a strange setting. he had no idea where he was and how long had passed since his brother had beaten him up. He remembered the sting of every blow and spell that his brother had inflicted on him. But he did not rememebr anything after he was teleported to his room. He looked carefully to his surroundings. He was in too much pain to get up but he could see he was laying on soft bed and the chamber he was in was completely ... red. All the furniture were red.

Just when Demetrious was getting frustrated with not knowing what was going on, he felt her before he saw her. She was getting close. His blood match was near. His eyes widened. he remembered his brothers order. He was panicking since he was too weak to even try to teleport away from his beloved. So as Aretha entered the room with some bottles full of potions, he spoke firmly "Why am I here. Let me leave. send me back . Now. You dont undertand. Its not safe. Aretha... I ...."

As Demetrious said her name she smiled "Say my name again Demetrious." She then walked up to him and put the bottles away on a nearby table and stared at Demtrious. She sat down on the bed next to Demetrious and she noticed he was trying to pull away and moved to the edge of the bed, avoiding touching her. She couldnt help herself in that moment. Tears escaped her eyes. She couldnt take it anymore and was sobbing unconrtrollably as she reached over and held Demetrious's hand. "Why .. why do you refuse me? Why do you want to leave so badly? I can feel your urge not be in the same room with me. Why? I am your blood match Demetrious. Have you forgotten me?"

Demetrious forced his hand out of Aretha's hold with the little strength he had and spoke weakly as he was looking away while lying on the bed "I am not refusing your touch. You dont undertand. He would.... My bother would hurt you.... and he would order me to do it if I get close to you. That is my punishment for assisting your sister twice. Please send me back. I am sorry." As he said the words, he hated himself but he didnt have a choice.

Aretha shook her head "Look at me Demetrious. Dont ignore me. Dont act like this. You are hurting me." and she saw her blood match slowly turning towards her. She then breathed hard and continued " I am your blood match. Whatever comes I dont care. As long as you are with me. As long as you are breathing, i would welcome any pain. But try to undertand how I am feeling right now. I thought you were no longer alive, demetrious. When Athena came back she went straight to her chambers in our hide out here around sacred river and she asked us to stand guard waiting for your brother to ambush us. She is still in her chambers trying to concentrate on that necklace Tiberious gave her and unlock its powers. You have no idea what I was feeling during the time that followed her arrival. I could feel your pain. I could feel you were in danger of death but i couldnt reach out to you. Athena used to have some painful moments from time to time like the ones I had, during the time your brother was captured and some warlocks attempted to end his life for those three months he was absent. Believe me when I say that I thought you were dead for a while. i tried to summon you but I couldnt. But then.... I heard you call my name in my thoughts. That connection was all I needed and then I summoned you and here you are refusing to be in the same room with me. Do you have any idea how agonising it was to wait for you to open your eyes. You looked lifeless and pale with broken bones everywhere. Now tell me why you are acting like this when me, your blood match is right in front of you."

Demetrious looked lovingly into Aretha's eyes and tried to speak but he felt sharp pains in his chest and he groaned. He tried to heal his stinging injuries that werent letting him speak. As he did this, Aretha looked horrified. She wiped off her tears and stopped crying. She threw some golden stones on the floor and called up on some assistance. Within seconds all members of the healer coven except Athena were in the room.