120. His Suspicious Mind

After their intimate encounter and dining, Athena and Dante were now sitting down silently and finishing their desert. There were no words exchanged between them ever since sharing their hot kisses.

Athena was overcome with feeling uneasy and almost confused. She was not sure what to think about her feelings for Dante. However Dante was totally satisfied. He made Athena nervous and he loved it. He was enjoying the company of his loved one and he was aiming to make Athena fall in love with him in so deep that she could marry him willingly. Athena's trembling form when he was losing himself in kissing her lips senseless told him that he was getting closer to conquering Athena's heart. But again the events that had happened the day before were not all to his liking. What if he was declaring victory in his love life too soon.

Suddenly Dante felt a fire ignite inside him. He was burning with jealousy. Dark shadows of doubt were looming over his chances of owning the heart of his woman completely. The memory of that intimate scene came back to him. What if Athena was in love with another man........ Donavan. His dark shadow was still lingering on their relationship. But something inside him assured him that the waves of intense love from Athena towards him were pure and truthful and he had nothing to worry about. But again the evidence was not in Dante's favour. Athena had not done anything when Donavan had offered her that pathetic looking bracelet and had popped the question. She should have floored him for suggesting something so outrageous but she hadn't and that bothered Dante.

Athena stopped drinking her elderflower tea and looked up as she felt the waves of doubt and jealousy from Dante. She knew this was a bad sign. She cleared her throat " Is all well Dante? Why have you stopped drinking?"

Dante smiled but kept his gaze intense and cold. He stood up and walked up to Athena and offered her his hand " It's time for a dance. Don't you think my love? No first date can be complete in Arkansas unless there is a dance and the couple get to enjoy themselves while reacting to various types of music and especially Arkansan country music."

Athena looked at Dante suspiciously and knew this was the silence just before thunder struck. She nodded, stood up and took Dante's hand. What Athena didn't expect was for them to be teleported away to a different chamber for dancing.

This time Dante landed them in a huge ballroom with black and red decorations and spear like lights hung from the ceiling. Dante spoke " This is the official dancing hall of castle of spears. We would be here a while. You see I look at dancing as an opportunity to get to know my partner better. We talk and dance. So lets try the Argentine Tango first. This would be in honour of my next destination for conquer. South America." He then waved his hands and a tune started playing in Spanish.

Dante wasted no time and lined up with Athena and made the first move " The man always lead the woman in this dance or this is how I do it. So focus so you keep up."

The atmosphere was getting tenser for Athena as Dante was immersing them into the quick rhythm of the dance. They were dancing in silence for a while but Athena knew questions were going to come up and the intensity in Dante's eyes as he was looking at Athena closely was telling her Dante was searching for something in her expression as though trying to read her mind. At some point Dante managed to corner Athena against a large pillar. He pushed her roughly against the roughly edged column and moulded his body to hers. The intimate contact made Dante smile in satisfaction and Athena tremble with nervousness.

Athena took a deep breath " The music is still playing. Why not continue."

Dante shook his head. He brought his face closer to Athena and whispered as their lips were inches apart " I told you that dancing is also an opportunity to get to know your partner better. I fire a question at you at this dance and you can fire one at me. But I see you don't look so enthusiastic right now. If you have nothing to hide. You have nothing to fear. But again who are we kidding. You are scheming against me to betray me as we speak so I can't expect you to volunteer for this... heart to heart or rather back to back questioning custom to get to know each other better."