137. His stubborn witch

Dante made his way to Athena's chambers after dismissing his commanders. He had left Athena alone for too long in her chambers after their breakfast date that was also cut short, so he was hoping to make it up to her. But part of him actually approved of leaving her by herself for prolonged hours to make her miss his touch. But it was not that simple. He couldn't stand being away from her for too long. It made him restless and unsatisfied.

As Dante stepped into Athena's chambers, he spotted her sitting on her bed and looking deep in thought. She looked up at him and spoke with concern " Dante. What has happened? What were the alarms waves for? Has there been an attack? Are your commemorations going forward?"

Dante smirked and walked to the bed where Athena was sitting and towered over her. He gently touched her chin and tilted it upwards "No greetings? No tears of joy that I am alive? Werent you even going to run to me and embrace me? Those alarms were for an emergency and you know it. I am afraid I do not like your reaction or rather the lack of one. Therefore I withold the information from you."

Athena sighed "Why would I become emotional to see you alive after an alarm?? Obviously you are invincible. You have a prophecy written about you that states you get stronger everyday. You getting hurt, is the least of my worries. But surely you know that already."

Dante leaned closer while still holding her chin and whispered "Of course I know that nothing can hurt me. i just wanted to hear it from you."

Athena spoke "You made your point. Now, tell me whats happened Dante."

Dante spoke sounding playful "Its going to cost you. Give me the kiss that you owe me for seeing me alive and well and then I would tell you everything about what is happening."

Athena gasped "Since when do you ask for permission. You kiss me whenever you wish, whether i want to kiss you or not."

Dante frowned "You are a kill-joy my beloved. A one sided kiss is pointless. I would rather you poured some love and passion into our intimate moments."

Athena spoke with a serious tone "Give me some freedom is this castle and I would be more willing to get closer to you. Locking me up here is not helping our already damaged relationship. No kisses until you promise me some freedom."

Dante raised an eyebrow "You want freedom in this castle? Really? havent you felt the dark powers radiating off the walls? Only I can navigate safely in this place since the enchantments are specialised for a Ronas heir .... who can withstand controlling these dark powers. Even Demetrious cant navigate to most chambers here. Not yet anyways. Of course, since you are my blood match, you potentially can hold your own but there are so many dark enchantments that require you to be more .... offensive and less defensive to control them. So the answer is no, you can't be free inside the castle.........."

Athena frowned and without warning grabbed Dante's hand and removed it from her chin. She then stood up and spoke firmly "It just shows you dont respect my wishes. I am your blood match. not your prisoner......"

Dante sighed "You didn't let me finish the sentence. I would let you access to the outside of the castle which means the garden. I would lift the seals on your windows so you can open your windows and then levitate yourself down on the garden and levitate back up whenever you wish. You can swim in the blue lake too but you keep away from the red lake. That Killer dragon whale is quite hostile if he doesnt sense Ronas blood inside the veins of those who visit him."

Athena spoke " How would I get back up by levitating? Your castle has nasty spells against intruders. I could feel those dark spells waking up within your walls when your commanders came in. But again your commanders didnt let themselves in. You summoned them."