5. The Flight

Athena's POV

Alexandra regained consciousness after some spells Elena cast on her. I served the six of them some vine leaves and a cocktail to calm them. They were now sitting down on my Persian rug and looking at me expectantly to continue.

I didn't want to waste any more time either so I started with some background information. "I know you have a lot of questions but please do not interrupt me. I would like you to listen carefully and trust me with your safety. Believe me when I say no one will disturb us till dawn".

I stopped and looked into the eyes of my fellow healers and took a deep breath and continued "we are one now and we will work as one until Dante finds us. Yes I am implying using the hiding curse that only blood relatives can break. But it would only last a year. If my calculations are correct, in 12 month's time Dante will become the Killing machine that the prophecy of the Valera Island clan suggests. They said the direct descendent of Ronas the conquer will be waging a one sided war upon all those who are resisting him at the time that the earth has spun to its half life limit. I never expected Dante to be the one. When i used to hear the news of his brutality in my old clan in Arkansas, i always thought they would resist his rule. i never imagined him to intimidate my clan to this point. Me and Dante were the pride and joy of our clan. the concentration of power in both of us created a pull between us and our parents sensed it. his parents were the leaders so they ordered my parents to move into their mansion for me and him to bond since we were infants. My parents never trusted his blood line so they had to flee to avoid us meeting. Now that he has met me and has felt his power attracting mine, he won't let me go. He wants me by his side at all costs. His powers have multiplied ever since his 21st birthday and he would locate me any time. But i have found the perfect place he wont look. If all 6 of us join our powers in making a shield in our hide out near the gigantic waterfall in Valera Island, we will be safe for another year. That's when he will be at his full power and will confront the place he feared the most. Valera. My plan will buy us time to think of option one to surrounder or option two to flee. Fighting is not an option. Even if we raised a bigger army than him, our principles does not allow us to risk the lives of innocents for our own safety".

Alexandra looked baffled and asked: "but Valera is now an abandoned island. why would he not look there. it has many magical caves and enchanted stones buried deep inside its mountains. wouldnt the place be his first stop."

i quickly answered "yes, but it was the birth place of those who defeated his ancestors and those who came up with his prophecy. He fears the place even though the prophecy says he will conquer all, he doesn't trust it. He thinks they try to fool him into thinking, he is winning when there may be threats around. So we won't see him there till he gets his full strength".

Eliza was the one to break the silence again by putting her hand up. She voiced the question that was most likely on everyone else's mind in the room. We were healers after all. We were dedicated to protecting the wounded and the weak against the likes of Dante. It did not surprise me when she asked: " so what about Dante's victims? We have to make it our mission to save them".

I again looked at each and everyone in the room; "Exactly, this brings me to the second part of the plan. As Eliza said, we must go to save the victims. The plan is for me and Tattiana to take on the task to teleport to war zones and transfer the victims to our base in Valera."

I took a deep breath" well, we could even build multiple cabins there for all of us to live there in peace. But this could only last a year. Don't forget many clans will surrender to Dante willingly. So not all will be victims. Many will be working for him."

"So as I was saying me and Tatiana as the best trained fighters will be at the front line. Elena and Eliza will do most of the healing duties because they are twin sisters and their bond is strong and can combine powers in healing. Alexandra will be the guard for her sharp senses, her aunt is the best tracker in the east coast so I trust Alexandra to detect intruders and also to track our own members who may wonder off to the far sides of the island."

"Helena and Mariana will be in charge of building cabins and creating supplies. they used to be on the council of the guardians of the south lands. I know they must have gone through a course of ancient architecture and survival to be on the council."

"Now that we have roles each, lets help me get packing please and we can leave within the hour, before Dante comes knocking. But one last thing there are risks associated with our plan. But I give you my word not to put you through unreasonable risky situations. By that I mean ..... I will not be asking any of you to teleport with me to Dante's territories, because anywhere that belongs to him gets sealed personally by him. At the moment he has Arkansas sealed. We all know if he takes other territories and gets enough time he would seal those too. Then we may be detected if we teleport there. So the key point is that we have to be fast in saving the clans".

So we continued packing all the valuable belongings in my room. Luckily all my notes and potions were in my chamber but everything else stayed back. I couldn't risk breaking the seal of my chamber. It was a miracle Dante hadn't sensed the 6 outlows in the cabin yet.

Helena and Mariana chanted "finished" in unison. well they were always fastest at organising.

Eliza was the first to open her arms to indicate it is time to teleport. We all held hands and chanted; "we summon the powers of the sun, the moon and the earth to take us to Valera island" and everything went white.