153. Commemorations (Part 3)

Edwin and Demetrious were looking at Tiberious expectantly. Tiberious had his eyes closed and thinking silently for minutes now. Edwin was losing patience "There must be some plan you can come up with. You said all four gates must be opened in order for anyone to enter the castle with no resistance .... So isn't capturing one of the four candidates from Marcus's bloodline the answer to this? Getting to Donavan would be enough to halt their plans. Once Donavan is taken to Transylvania and out of the border security reach, it maybe practical to abduct him somehow. Donavan is our biggest hope since he surely will fight by our side willingly and ..."

Tiberious took a deep breath and opened his eyes "Its not straightforward. This is more complicated than you can imagine. All four of them must be stopped. Sadly for every gate that opens there will be consequences. No one can enter the main building until all four fates are opened but it wouldnt mean that there won't be anything compromised from that castle for every gate that opens. I even can't guarantee that a Ronas like Octavian wont find a way inside if three out of four gates open. The castle's defensive enchatments would be weakened indeed with the fall of every gate. So the answer is no Edwin. Catching Donavan is not the solution."

Edwin spoke "So .... Donavan, Dylan, Rowlen and Roxana must be caught and locked up somewhere away from the Ronas army's reach."

Demetrious sighed " It would be a lengthy process to do that. We are dealing with warlock werewolves who happen to be four strong fighters. Donavan is unconscious and does not count for now but Dylan, Rowlen and Roxana would be hard to capture or even kill by anyone. It would take a very long time to track and capture one of their kind depending on who is searching and seeking to catch them. There is a reason that their bloodline is the only one that can break the vampire curse guarding Bran Castle. Isnt that right Tiberious?"

Tiberious spoke "Correct. There is only one thing to be done. The gates at the battle tomorrow must be defended so well that no one can approach the gates. At the battle, there is chance to go after those four but they would be heavily guarded. It would be hard to avoid any gates from becoming opened but its not impossible if the gates are defended well."

Edwin spoke "So what is the plan then Tiberious? How can we defend the gates."

Tiberious smiled weakly at Edwin "There is no "We" here Edwin. You must stay out of this. After leaving my room, you would return to your duties as a Ronas commander. I know you are going to say you dont fear the consequences. Everyone knows you dont fear death but .... think of the risk and what your death would do to Edward. You are the only one he calls his true family besides his blood match. You cant make him mourn you. Trust me. Either way you would be a dead man if you go against Octavian in that battle..... No commander can live if they commit treason." He then turned to Demetrious "Only a Ronas can take on a Ronas. You must inform your cousins at that castle somehow about what to do. You ..... could also you know .....join your cousins in that castle and assist them in defending their father's castle. That is of course if you want to help at all. Its your choice. You either become a saviour like your blood match or become a conquerer like your brother."

Demetrious looked thoughtful "But I cant see how I can make things better by joining the other side. Lets say I agree. How do I get inside the castle?"

Tiberious sighed "I think you already know the answer. Your blood match is in presence of Eric Ronas. Get in touch with her or go to her and you will be guided."

Edwin whispered "Can you at least tell us what would happen in that battle? How much hope is there to win?"

Tibrious sighed "I cant see the outcome since so many seers are involved. They keep their thoughts blocked so I can't know what happens when they get involved. My future visons about the battle of Transylvania is so vague. I really dont know what would happen. All I know is that once all four gates to that castle open, all the ancient enchantments untouched and intact in that castle would be completely at our master's mercy and our wolrd would become darker indeed. That castle would change the path of the Ronas conquest completely."