44. Future Commanders (Part 3)

Flora was the last to arrive at the meeting room inside the Recruitment headquarters of the Ronas Force. All other commanders whom were based in Arkansas were sitting on their chairs at one side of a rectangular table all in one row. Demetrious, Edwin, Edward, Benjamin and Alexander were already seated and all heads turned towards her as she appeared in the room.

Alexander spoke apologetically "Thanks for joining us Flora. I am sorry to summon you so suddenly at short notice. There are so many new potential recruits that we need to interview today, so I thought I make the start time early. We must finish a few hours before the Dance gathering event for them to give them time to get ready. I am aware That you are extremely busy with securing the streets of the capital and capturing intruders but this is important. But I am asking you to remain for the whole of the interviews. However you are exempt from attempting the Dance event. If you feel you have pressing matters, I would understand, but of course it would be great if you could make it Flora."

Flora sighed and took a seat next to Benjamin. It was going to be a long day and she wasn't happy at all, being interrupted in the middle of kissing Arthur.

Alexander spoke again: " Well the interviews would have been much longer if we had to interview the prospective enforcers too, but Alessia and Marcus are leading those interviews in a separate room. Lets begin by the prospective commanders. Lets interview the werewolf candidate first. Elisha. She is one of the few strongest fighters who are eligible this year. She is 17. So she must undertake one year training before any permanent position would be offered. I suggest we either recruit her in Dylan's fighter division that I decide for or tracker fighter division where Flora would have the last say. I am sure Flora would compromise about who her mentor would be. Any objections?"

Benjamin was the one who spoke sounding outraged; " Alexander, you can not be serious. She is not to be trusted. Her sister is no ordinary fugitive. She is one of the leaders of a batch of freedom fighters. She has committed so many crimes. You can not trust her. I say put her for a less sensitive role. What about education training under magic science division. "

Alexander spoke with disapproval " Benjamin may I remind you that she is only a trainee and would be supervised at all times. Besides its not like I am placing her in the captive handling committee where she can assist her sister get into the dungeons or anything like that. Besides she is worth the risk. she is a werewolf and hard to track and also her scores for fighting are quite high especially for a 17 year old. Any more objections? Good. Lets call her in." Alexander waved his hand and her name appeared in the screen in the meeting room which was connected to the waiting room screens.

Within seconds Elisha entered the room following protocol standing in military stance and looking down. Since she was a prospective commander she did not need to kneel to the commanders but she had to avoid eye contact.

Alexznder spoke coldly " Elisha. You may look up. In your case we are giving you only two choices. Either join the fighters or the trackers. Which one would you volunteer for?"

Elisha was feeling her nerves now. Her powers were still not mature yet. She tried hard to keep her voice steady " I do not mind sir. But I would prefer it of you place me as a trainee for tracker assassins please."

Flora smiled " Very well then. Welcome aboard trainee. I am sure you would find that choosing to complete your senior year on our distance learning program is the best decision you have ever made."

Alexander nodded " Very well. You are dismissed."

Demetrious spoke " Good one. Now who is next Alexander. I think we should see the potential healers now. Who is on the list with healer abilities?"