11. Hello Brother (part 3)

Dante's POV

I walked to the sofa and sat down again and stared at my brother. He seemed to be in a lot of pain right now. I had thrown him around the place enough times that he would have broken all his bones by now if he was any other warlock but obviously he wasn't. I wasn't planning on killing him but he had crossed me too often for me to let it go.

Now, here he was leaning on the wall for support with his eyes closed and was pressing his hand hard on his gut. I had destroyed him now. He was using too much power healing himself and there was so much any one could take. Finally he managed to fix the last bits of damage. He then sat down on the floor, breathing heavily. Well, he had our bloodline to thank for his efficient self healing abilities however even that had a limit which I had to experience first hand in Quebec. But, It must have been what kept me alive all that time. Our ancestor the Great Ronas wasnt as lucky though. I had my theories about why I survived the curse and he didn't. Well, our bloodline's powers could have evolved over generations. However, Immunity to curses was never my area of greatest interest but immortality was.

Back to present, I really was enjoying tormenting Demetrious. He was taking this well so far but I could easily feel the waves of exhaustion pouring out of him. I smiled at his struggles. "Ready for round two Demetrious"?

He didn't get up from his position on the floor. Neither did he respond. He just closed his eyes as though getting ready to receive further blows. I could sense that his resistance was reaching its end. Maybe, He was finally learning his lesson.

This will teach him to obey me from now on; " you can open your eyes. The beating is over. But make no mistake, you need your eyes open for this one. let me reveal to you a glimpse of what I am planning to do to those men you pulled back. They are going to suffer for hours, days, months or even years until you never even dream of defying me again."

As he opened his eyes, I sent him images of my plans. He was watching with horror as the images were floating around right in front of his eyes.

He found his voice suddenly "no, Dante, please. I will do anything. Don't do this. It was my fault for calling them back."

His face was full of agony now and I was enjoying every minute of this.

"Come on Demetrious. What would you do in return for me to let this go. You are a traitor to our name and bloodline. You couldn't offer me anything in return that could convince me to give up on inflicting such torment on your conscious."

Demetrious sounded defeated now "anything, name it Dante. "

I was quite amused now. He was willing to do an exchange. "Nothing comes to mind. You need to face the consequences Demetrious."

I was ready to close our meeting. dawn was almost upon us now . Just when i thought, he had accepted his faith, He whispered "I will work for you. I will be one of your commanders."

I think I hit him too hard. Maybe he has damaged his mind somehow. I started walking towards him and seeing me approaching him, he stood up cautiously. I replied to him in my earnest tone. "I think I heard you wrong." I grabbed his neck and pinned him to the wall "Demetrious, I think you don't understand what you are offering. If you become a commander, and you defy me in front of my most loyal warlocks, no one, and I mean not even mother or father can save you. Failure or disobedience as a commander is not something I let slide lightly. I am giving you a chance to take back what you offered this very minute."

He looked at me with pleading eyes; "I said I will do anything. But please do not make others suffer because of my actions. I will stand by your side and will not defy you. I swear it."

Well. I think meeting Athena was really starting to make an effect on me. I would never turn around and change my mind this easily. What do you do to me woman. But I guess I always wanted Demetrious by my side. He was powerful enough. I could find him some duties along side Sean and Xavier.

"Very well then commander. You fail me. I will make you regret ever being born."

Demetrious nodded his head and I let his neck go. He leaned against the wall and stood still silently waiting for my next move.

Suddenly. I sensed an emptiness in the cabin. Some source of immense power left the cabin. My eyes widened "Athena".

I ran to her room. It was sealed. Of course my love likes her security. Demetrious also slowly made his way to me. He asked me cautiously; " what is it Dante"?

I didn't answer him. I closed my eyes and hit the door with my unlocking spells. i didn't like destructing Athena's cabin. but i had to put enough power to break the seal. Half the wall and the door were blown up with full force. I was facing an empty room with nothing but a bed and a wardrobe. She had taken all her belongings. well not exactly. The sight warmed my heart. There was a framed picture on the wall. it must have been taken quite recently. She seemed happy with her parents standing on either side of her. This must have been from the Druid festival which was held in Alaska every year.

Demetrious's voice brought me to present "Are they...."?

I quickly answered "yes they are. That family that no one is allowed to mention any more. but pay attention to this beauty. You are looking at someone you will meet pretty Soon. she is my entitlement. Athena."

Demetrious seemed quite shocked now; "but where is she."?

"What does it look like Demetrious. I knew she might try to resist accompanying me to Arkansas but never expected her to run away."

Demetrious looked at me with confusion; "but how come you are not mad."

I smirked;" well, because I have plans little brother. Big plans. "

"Now give me your hand so I can get you to Alexander before, mother wakes up and sees the state you are in." He was too weak from exhaustion, he could now barely stand. I couldn't expect him to teleport without losing consciousness. And with that I teleported us to home sweet home.