72. Young Feel Defeated

Tiberious was knocking eagerly on Zachary's door. He had to check up on him to see if all was fine. He had felt his reluctance when they had teleported out of Xavier's office. He was hoping that Xavier hadn't made Zachary another victim of his.

As the door opened, Tiberious rushed in and closed the door behind him quickly. He then turned to speak but the low mood in the room made him freeze.

Zachary was sitting on a sofa holding his head in his hands looking like as though he was deep in thought. Serena was in another corner looking outside the window and looking distressed. Octavian was layed down on a bed in the corner of the room still unconscious.

Zachary slowly looked up and answered Tiberious's questioning " Hey man take a seat. Serena and Octavian were given one hour by Xavier to report for patrol duty so if you are wondering why they are still here, well they still have some time. Besides I am brewing some potions for them that would ease the discomfort that comes with losing sleep. It should be ready shortly. It's all the fault of that monster Xavier. He hands out punishments like they are candy. He broke Octavian inside out by arresting Sabrina for doing absolutely nothing and he expected no resistance from Octavian. Seriously, he ripped Octavian's heart out. I have never ever seen Octavian pleading to anyone for anything like he did back there."

Serena turned around from the window and sighed " I know. Only if Xavier hadn't decided to interrogate us, Sabrina could be free. I can't believe Sabrina is now at the mercy of Xavier and his enforcers right now. A part of me tells me that we have to do something but the more I think about this, the more I realise, we have no chance of helping her. She is in a restricted access area. It would be suicide to step foot there without authorisation let alone for the intention of rescuing someone. Even if we get her out, who can possibly get through the security alive and well without getting intercepted or detected?"

Tiberius nodded and spoke in a sad tone " I agree. We can't do anything. It would be a one way ticket if anyone of us steps foot anywhere near Sabrina's cell. But we just have to look at the bright side. I think it could be alot worse. Imagine if Octavian had attacked those enforcers. I tell you that from the waves I was getting from Xavier, there was no way he would have allowed Octavian leave the room alive. Lets face it. If Zachary had not restrained Octavian, then Octavian would have attacked the enforcers like he was planning to. And Xavier is a cold blooded killer with no conscious. He does not let things go lightly. He makes Xanthos look like a saint. So believe me when I tell you both Serena and Octavian got off lightly there with a night patrol duty. It's a long duty but its better than being locked up. So we should count our blessings."

Zachary looked at Tiberious and spoke with a sad tone " But i feel like it was a wasted attempt on my part in saving Octavian really. He has a mind of his own. We can't stop him if he runs back to the leadership building looking for Sabrina's cell when he regains consciousness. I am sure he would go and try to save Sabrina the minute he wakes up. What was the point of saving him if he is going to get himself killed anyway."

Tiberious spoke reluctantly " Well. What comes to mind is not the nicest way to convince him but ..... you won't like it. You see. You will have to persuade him to keep quiet by .... Threatening him. You have a psycho brother who happens to be the third in command. He calls the shots. I don't know, make up some threat and make it sound convincing so it deters Octavian from doing anything reckless and attempting an unsuccessful and foolish rescue mission."

Serena looked at Zachary " You have to put up your cold and cruel act. I won't like it. But you have to make him feel that he would make things worse for Sabrina if he tries to rescue her. Well it wouldn't be too far from the truth. He would be committing suicide if he goes anywhere near that classified area where Sabrina is being held. Sabrina would surely hurt herself if she finds out anything has happened to Octavian. Surely she would kill herself."