165. Young Heartache

Some Time Later ....

Azalea woke up from her nightmares shaking her head hard. She sat up and found herself face to face with her brother. She spoke " What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping or Dante is issuing new rules again waking up the whole castle?"

Archelous sat on a chair next to her bed and sighed " I was in my bed sleeping until you screamed. Are you ok? What was your nightmares about this time?"

Azalea spoke " Since when are you the caring brother Archelous? You never cared."

Archelous frowned " Of course I couldn't care less if it was anyone else . But you are my sister. I care about you. You are my only relative in this place now after ..... you know father and mother got themselves captured by trying to defend the doomed land. Was your nightmare about them getting hurt by Dante."

Azalea spoke " No that stopped two days ago. I think Dante has stopped tormenting our parents for information about breaking down this castle. But I can still feel mothers sadness. Father shows no feelings at all but mother is heartbroken at what's happening."

Archelous laughed bitterly " Be specific Azalea. Which part of what's happened in the past seven days is mother upset with? Is she upset that our cousin Dante has taken over the whole world except Alaska and of course this very castle or is she heart broken at how our father foolishly took on Dante with his ancient society as Dante's army were attacking the whole world? I bet she just can't believe how our father could be so selfish to drag the whole society with him to defend other continents. Now what's left of his people's resistance? Absolutely nothing."

Azalea spoke " Dont be so cruel to father's decisions. He didn't see any other choices. He couldn't stand aside and do nothing when Dante's army attacked the whole world with his immortal army."

Archelous spoke " Oh really? Are we forgetting that Dante sent around waves of immortality from the Eternal Light all over the world making every witch and warlock immortal. Why did father care about those that the Arkansan army were attacking? They were all immortal. Nobody was going to die , not unless dante demanded it directly and took away their immortality with one spell. Father just wanted to show that he didn't want to back down and he didn't care if he got captured alongside mother who he dragged to that cursed battle one week ago after which the whole world fell to Dante except this castle and Alaska."

Azalea sighed " Well. He went to the rescue of humans too. Dante doesn't see no human of being worthy of immortality. So he wanted to do his best to stop them from hurting ."

Archelous spoke " As I said he was foolish to get himself and his ancient society captured. There was no need for that. As you can clearly remember when father failed and got caught , Athena comprised with Dante. She agreed to marry him if he stopped his army from killing people who didn't surrunder in territories he was invading. I don't understand why she didn't promise that earlier before father left the safety of his hideout."

Azalea spoke sadly " Aretha told me Athena was fighting Dante non stop after he started attacking other territories telling him he won't marry him again and you know the rest of their story. They get together Athena fights, gets beaten down, runs away, attacks again so on and so forth. Athena had ran away to Alaska as she does after eternal light gave every warlock and witch immortality. She went there to arrange an attack with Damian, lady Leona's nephew and the healer coven but when she heard how badly father got beaten with his people at the battle in Europe that's when she fully surrundered and you know agreed to marry Dabte if he stopped killing the weak and also make a few rule changes as wedding present for her."

Archelous sighed " Athena could push it further. She could at least get Dante to grant Transylvania amnesty like how she asked him to allow Alaska to remain unharmed and independent."