97. Her heart shatters

Dante was looking at Athena expecting a response or a drastic reaction to his threats and ultimatums. He never took defiance well from anyone but any come back from his beloved could make his day. He loved everything about her. Especially her futile attempts to rescue the world from him and her tiresome effort put into convincing him to be good. It really amused him how Athena never gave up. Athena's response disappointed him to end this time though when she simply replied " I have to go. You told me all I need to know and now I am going to think over it in the next few days.

Dante shook his head and stepped away from Athena, giving her space. He spoke with irritation and suspicion evident in his voice " I know you my love. You are upto something. Whatever you are planning is not going to work. You can't defeat me Athena. No one can. You may be able to delay my reign on all beings to some extent but can't stop it. You might as well give up fighting my love. Don't bother. As for leaving these chambers, well don't you know how this works? Haven't you been in my well sealed chambers enough times to know that only you can leave when I dismiss you. And trust me, I am no where near satisfied with getting enough from being in your presence. You are my beloved. I can't stand the thought of you being away from me giving your time to others. But shying away from me. We are meant to be spending our lives together till our last breath. Why do you avoid the inevitable. You are mine......"

Athena lost her patience " We just went over this Dante. You told me you will give me a few more days to come to you. So now open the portals of your tightly sealed chambers and let me leave. I have people to rescue. My coven must be wondering where I am right now. It's time to say goodbye. Don't you think?"

Dante closed his eyes and when he opened them Athena became wary. He looked furious " You are right. I am giving you more time to decide. You will have a few more days to consider your next steps. But I haven't yet told you in what circumstances you will be making your mind up. I think you need a reminder of who really is the most powerful warlock of all time. Lets make it interesting." Dante then turned around and walked to the middle of the room and threw a burgundy coloured stone on the floor and cast a spell.

This unsettled Athena. " What are you going to do. Dante. What is your plan. Tell me."

To Athena's inconvenience, Dante remained silent but his waves of fury got more intense. Athena was worried sick now for what he was planning. After a few seconds non other than Tiberious appeared in the room. He immediately knelt on the floor and looked down as his mind registered who had summoned him. Athena noticed how Tiberious looked so unhealthy and pale. His knees were shaking and he was shivering all over his body. Suddenly Tiberious collapsed on the floor and became unconscious.

Athena spoke " Dante, he is not well. Let me heal him." As she walked towards Tiberious, Dante held his hand up and spoke earnestly " Don't take one more step Athena. I am warning you. Firstly he is my wisdom sorcerer and not yours." He then smirked " Not yet any ways. You cant rule anyone that serves me until ... You declare yourself loyal to me and accept me as your blood match. Until then, I do not accept any input from you."

Athena crossed her arms and leaned over to the wall " Seriously Dante? You are willing to let your wisdom sorcerer suffer just to show me that I can not have any say about those who serve you. He has lost consciousness. He needs help."

Dante roared " Silence Athena. What I do to my wisdom sorcerer is no ones concern. He has already been treated long enough by my head healer Alexander and his team. He will recover.. He just had a few visions before you arrive. Thats his purpose in life. He wont die from doing his role otherwise he wouldn't be my wisdom sorcerer. I will wake him up my way Athena and you are only allowed to watch in silence. Now let me warn you that i dont take it well, if you or anyone tell me how to treat those who serve me. If you take a step towards him or object to my treatment of him, he will be punished for it. So watch your next words and next actions. I can see the conflicted waves of compassion from you towards him. That bothers me. . He lives to serve me. If I wish for him to suffer, them he will . If I wish for him to scream from agony then that's what will happen to him. I have his fate in my hands and in fact I would be controlling the fate of all living beings on this planet very soon. If you need to remind yourself who I am and what I am destined to do, I recommend you to read the prophecy about me again."