47. Initiation Dance (Part 1)

The sight in the great hall of the recruitment division was breath taking. The hall was beautifully decorated. The tables were carefully designed and layed out. A wide variety of refreshments were available in lit spheres hung from the ceilings. The events division had worked day very hard to make the facilities perfect. Even though the master was not in Arkansas to witness his postponed recruitment gala, his temporary representative Alexander was watching them like a hawk. The enforcers organising the event were fully aware of the expectations of the ruthless commander and knew if anything went wrong, they could not see daylight for a very long time. The waves of fear and distress were unsuccessfully hidden by most of the enforcers on duty as hosts on this important night. They just had to hope for a smooth event and Alexander in good mood. He spared no one when it came to discipline even the head enforcers feared him.

The table belonging to the senior enforcers was filled first. even the commanders and their dates had not arrived yet. Alessia and Marcus took their seats first and the others saw this as permission to sit down too.

Alessia turned to Marcus and spoke; " Let me introduce you to my brother Dixon and his wife Waverley. They are senior enforcers but they are mainly based at the palace serving the House of Ronas. Especially Waverley is in a way Lady Leona's personal assistant. But my brother is involved in training the guards and interrogating new staff who work at the palace. Serena is their daughter. As you can see, she is accompanying your nephew Rowlen to this dance tonight. Uh, look at them. Don't they look great together sitting on that table in the far corner along side the future commanders."

Marcus smirked " Thanks for the introductions Alessia. My nephew indeed is a heart breaker but he knows which girls to pick for the keeping. My nephew and your neice are a fabulous match for sure. Also I think I am quite familiar with your brother. Aren't we close Dixon?"

Dixon frowned " Come on Marcus. You promised to come to my house for dinner last week. But my wife and I are still waiting for you to grace us with your presence. Yes Alessia. Myself and Marcus have started working together in capturing captives around the borders. With the war happening. The palace guards are now also available to help Marcus's division."

Waverley held her husbands hand " Dixon. Stop talking about work. You promised me at home that you would not mention your responsibilities tonight. Tonight you are free of duties. You must only drink wine and tell entertaining stories. Nothing work related though."

Dixon laughed " I am sorry darling. Old habits die hard. I can't wait to get back to my post and serve our master. But as you can see I am not getting any younger. Uh. Marcus tell me what I am supposed to do with this daughter of mine. She is 17 and was selected to train in the healers division under the supervision of Alexander. Can you get her a change of division. I don't want her to be in that division. I have a reputation to uphold. Heavens forbid, people may assume that my blood has turned too empathic. Tell me how I can get her a transfer or dungeons or to the trackers even."

Waverley interrupted " Dixon. That is enough. We should be proud that our daughter is a healer. If she can serve master in any way in the top divisions, we must be grateful. I think she has done well. What do you think Alessia?"

Alessia rolled her eyes" Oh don't upset yourself Waverley. My brother has a crude sense of humour. He doesn't mean it in that way. Do you Dixon? He knows better than anyone that our bloodline can not be corrupted. My sons are proudly serving master in the magic science division. They don't have to be at the front line for me to feel proud of them."

Marcus nodded " Alessia is correct. Your bloodline is clean and strong. Master interviewed Edwin personally and handed him a junior commander position straight away. It was such a shame that master had to postpone the rest of his recruitment arrangements and interviews till after the battle of Quebec. Otherwise who knows, we could have more commanders in the family. I think your son is definitely commander material. Now that he has a place with the fighters, there is high chance when master does the final interviews soon and looks at his training reports, a promotion is not too far away."