136. Young Face the Unexpected

Octavian had teleported Zachary, Serena and Diodora to private chambers in his division where meetings were normally held. He had warned that they couldn't continue talking in the castle about insignificant matters where their master was a few chambers away. They were now standing spread out in the room wide apart at different sides of the meeting room.

Diodora broke the silence "I didnt hear a response Zachary, the last time I asked a question. Would you like to join me in tomenting her, right here right now? or would you rather we dont waste our time on her and give her punishment to someone else.?" She then started walking towards Zachary who was looking at her with horror.

Serena was staring at Diodora in outrage as she heard Diodora inviting Zachary to torment her. The statement didnt surprise her or bother her that much. But she started fuming as she saw how Diodora was walking towards Zachary with a loving stare. Serena was fully aware of the brutalities that this woman was capable of. Diodora was indeed the last person Serena wanted near Zachary. The urge to protect Zachary blew to the surface and her voice boomed "Diodora. I think you should stop forcing yourself on Zachary. Keep away from him. He does not love you. He has nothing in common with you."

Diodora turned to her with a furious expression "How dare you speak to me in that way. I am a palace member. You cant address me like that. Its Lady Diodora or your highness to you. However I am glad you made this mistake. Now I have an excuse to arrest you for insolence. Report to the dungeons immidiately. i would send Nathan and Benjamin a messenger spehere to explain your indiscipline. Since your crime is insulting a palace member, you dont get off lightly with a couple of night shifts. You would expreience real pain this time."

Octavian smirked "I totally agree Diodora. Why dont you return to the palace and get ready for tonights arrangements. i will take her to the dungeons myself. Then, she would recieve a real harsh punishment, I bet she would hardly be able to walk by the time its the time for the commemorations tonight. I would send you reports of her discipline." He then walked to Serena and summoned some golden Ronas restraints and painfully tied Serena's hands behind her back "You are under arrest and will be condemned to as many hours of torment that lady diodora requests. Its your first offence of such nature so I think there will be some allowances here" he then looked up to diodora expecting a response.

Diodora took a deep breath "Very well. Instruct them to give her 5 hours of torment since its her first offence. The thought of seeing zachary in a few hours has put me in a more generous mood i guess. His loving presence turns me soft. Now, I think I have to go prepare for the ceremony tonight." She then turned to Zachary and spoke in a softer tone "See you at the ceremony". She then disappeared.

Zachary started to speak "Octavian. Are you going to do what she asked you to do? Are you ........?"

Octavian turned sharply to Zachary "Of course I am. Serena must learn her lesson. She must learn to never take on people whom outrank her. Its going to bring her to demise if she walks around and speaks her mind. If you really want her to survive in this society, you are going to refrain from protesting about me taking her to the dungeons. She would feel some pain and torment and then she would never put herself in danger."

Serena laughed bitterly "Again you are speaking as though I am not here. I only have one thing to say to you Octavian. Do your worst. The hardships and obstacles in life make me stronger but I cant say the same about you. Whenever you suffer you get weaker and want to feel strong by turning to violence. Guess what. violence is not the answer to everything. ."

before Zachary could react, Octavian slapped Serena and she fell on the floor. Zachary ran to her side and knelt next to her and embraced her, caressing her bruised cheek. Zachary spoke pleadingly "Forgive her for speaking out of turn. Please Octavian, dont do this. Hurt me instead and just send Diodora false reports that you did what she asked."