40. Dante's Fury

Athena had refused him. She had not even tried to express any interest in staying with him. It made him angry. He wanted to storm the Northern Territory and cause the suffering of every single being that dared resist him. It was their tough luck that Dante had chosen to move anticlockwise in his quest for power starting from the doomed northern land. Athena's reluctance to come to him had created a void feeling for him that only the suffering of others could fill. Oh. They had no idea who was coming to unleash his display of dark power on them.

He glanced at the response sphere from the Northern territory's capital that was sitting on his desk. He was now in his head quarters about to summon his commanders to give them the verdict on how to proceed with the protocols. A briefing was needed before attack to maximise the destruction that he was planning. There was going to be a lot of smoke and carnage. It made him feel more at ease now that he had locked up Athena in the safety of his chambers away from the action. He knew there were possibilities of her breaking out but she hadn't had her strength back yet. He smirked, those roses had really weakened her. It could be at least Agee hours before she could make any descent attempts to leave. A healing body had to preserve its energy. He knew that well.

Dante threw his burgundy coloured stones and summoned the commanders at his base. It was time to start the show. He was going to enjoy every minute of this battle. All his commanders arrived within minutes. It was good that they understood that their master had no patience at war time. If they responded late, they were going to get punished. That was how it worked in the Ronas army.

Dante looked at his commanders who he had picked for this first battle kneeling in front of him and avoiding eye contact as usual waiting for him to instruct them.

He spoke with his coldest tone : " Greetings commanders. You may rise and permission to look up is granted."
As they rose, he continued after a short pause that allowed him to make eye contact with all and feel their waves of emotions at full force.
Dante nodded in satisfaction as he felt the waves of determination and restlessness "We are now at the brink of our first victory in the quest to overtake North America and liberate those who value and worship the Ronas protocols that has graced our lives for the past decades. Now we will honour the Great Ronas, my ancestor with making sure that this battle would be fought worthy of the legacy and heritage he left behind for us."

Dante continued speaking in a cold voice void of any emotion " We start this war from the next hour. We only need a few hours to secure the area and then it would be fun time for the enforcers. Lets be clear about the issue of any prisoners you would be taking. You attack. You acquire those worthy to undergo the conversion process and place them under custody in the captive head quarters. But those weaker beings unworthy of any use in Arkansa would be acquired and sent to the captive bank for use in target practice of our enforcers. Of course they could use them for other entertaining purposes too. Their deaths is no concern of mine but the longer they live the more entertainment for the enforcers. So allow them remedies and let the enforcers reuse them again and again. But lets show you the naive side of the enemy you are going to face before I set you your individual tasks."

Dante then waved his hand and a
the sphere on his desk flew upwards and turned into a parchment floating above the eye level of the commanders. Dante smiled " Look at the response I received from the Northern Territory authorities. They want to fight. I say they are either foolish or committing suicide. No army can withstand our attacks. None on this planet."

Dante paused and looked around at each pair of eyes and it satisfied him as they all trembled "Uh, They have also requested for us to wait until those who are going to willingly surrender come to our base. Nathan, I expect you to do a great job of housing them in the captive head quarters before we set off. When we attack, the divisions under each commander would be responsible to take control of different regions. Dylan and Tanya you are responsible to communicate with commanders and acquire their captives in addition to your own prisoners and send them to Nathan. Each commander is responsible with communicating with me when each region under their invasion has been secured. Then Xavier, Sean and Lucia, it would be your responsibility to make sure the law enforcers whom are sent by Alexander to us after each victory in each region to be assigned different regions. Our law enforcers would then be stationed across the Northern land to oversee the transition and the conversion of the laws to the Ronas protocols. Northern Territory would be officially ruled by Arkansas laws from this day."