163. Heat Of The Battle

Athena was staring at Dante warily. Dante was capable of tricks and spells no one could foresee. Not even Athena. She knew Dante was going to strike but didn't know what to expect.

Dante was staring at her with rage that had made his eyes go silver and that was equivalent of adrenaline rush for a warlock. He was ready to attack. But too bad for him, he was trapped in a glass cell.

After minutes of silence went by, Athena sighed " Speak to me. I know you are looking at me as though you are about to murder me but whsts the point? Some verbal communication would be more effective here. We cant solve our differences in this relationship with silence."

Dante narrowed his eyes and roared " You are mine. No one else's." The power behind his words made Athena take a step back and then suddenly she sensed how serious this could get. Dante growled and closed his eyes. He spoke in a language Athena couldn't understand and suddenly there were cracks in the glass cell walls.

Athena's eyed widened. She rushed forward and stood in front of the cell. She had seconds to come up with a spell. It was going to be painful taking the full force of Dante's spell but she didn't have a choice. She leaned forward and put palms of her hands on the glass cell walls. She whispered her own spell trying not to allow any more damage to he done to the cell and the cracks to get bigger. But she was feeling the strain already.

She looked at Dante warily as he opened his silver eyes but his expression had now gone from rage to amusement. He laughed and spoke " Darling. Don't try to hurt yourself. I can feel what my Ronas specialty spells are doing to you. Give up the fight. This castle will be mine soon. I am getting out of this cell. Why are you trying to help My dear cousins retain their home. This war was over before it started. I am meant to rule this castle and use it to get that precious jewel, the eternal light that's being guarded by my uncle Eric and his buddies at the ancient society. Give it up my love. You can't beat me here. You are in a Ronas castle. These walls are on my side. The enchantments locked at this castle only answer to powerful Ronas. Give in now. Stop resisting my spells. This glass cell would break as soon as you let go and this castle is mine."

Athena shook her head while her expression could show how much pain she was in " I am not giving in. If you want me to give in, you will have to make me. Until you are still locked up here, I won't stop fighting."

Dante sighed and sat down in the middle of the cell and closed his eyes "If you want to fight, I will give you a fight. Just say you want to surrunder when it be ones too painful. It's your call You are on my love. You can't blame me if it hurts too bad". He then kept repeating words in a mysterious language that could only make sense to the Ronas possibly.

As Dante murmured the spells, Athena felt the force on her. It was her turn for her eyes to turn silver and there was also a shade of red as she felt the strain on her powers. She was using all her energy to hold up Dante.

Dante groaned and opened his eyes " What is wrong with you woman? Just give in. I don't want to fight you. Fine, we will do this until one of us breaks and that won't be me darling. This is a Ronas castle." He then closed his eyes and carried on casting spells as Athena was outside his cell murmuring counter spells.

Athena knew nothing but pain from that point but the pain didn't stop her from seeing what she saw. A vision. A damning one.

As she was enduring the strain of her powers and the force of Dante's spells, she mind linked Archelous " You should come up with a way to battle Dante's dark dust spells and his lightening bolts he is going to unleash on you and Vasile soon. You don't have long. Dante has cracked the cell and whatever he had conjured for you and Vasile is going to come our first before he even attacks me. I am in this room but you will be the ones attacked first. Take this warning seriously."