10. Hello Brother (part 2)

Demetrious's POV

I heard some commotion outside my door and looked at the clock next to my bed.

"Demetrious wake up this instant and unlock your door. This is an important matter."

It's 3 in the morning, what could you possibly want from me. Ahh. Dante was no longer around to give me night shifts so I cherished my sleep. But now, my worst tormentor, Xavier was at my door. He was quite a psycho. I don't know who i hated more; my dear brother or "nightmare Xav" (my nickname for him). Ever since Dante decided to disappear or according to some was captured which I refused to believe, the clan had to put up with xavier's rule jointly with my father. He definitely made my father look like a saint. When he took over, he immediately announced what humans call Martial law. Any one other than the state's guards or fighters stepping foot outside their homes after sun down were to be captured and sent to heaven knows where to be put on trial.

All this made it impossible for any freedom fighters to get anywhere near our borders. Well entering our territories was a death sentence within itself for any outsider. It took the strongest warlocks to break out in one piece when attempting to break any seals Dante had put in place. I knew there were spies who had come to our lands living secretly but alot of them were captured within the last three months no thanks to Xavier and his martial law. I couldn't do anything while all this was happening because my father had locked me up in my chambers for my safety. He actually thought his sole heir could be in danger when the other one had gone AWOL.

Oops I just remembered "sorry Xavier, can't do that right now. I am still under house arrest by my father. He would kill me if I attempt to break out. Apparently I am the only heir left around this place." I made my tone as sarcastic as possible. Me, an heir? Since when? I was a disgrace to my bloodline.

Xavier sounded like he wanted to strangle me now. From the sound of it he was gritting his teeth while he said the words; "Demetrious, you have three seconds to open this door or my daily visits would be the least of your worries from now on."

I hated him. I had to endure looking at his face for the past three months ever since he assigned himself to train me. Seriously he was sadistic. He had me where he wanted me and made sure I had extended projects on how to maximise uses of humans in the domestic life. He also made me take a crash course in interrogation techniques.

I sighed and cast a spell to open the door. Only my father could open this door from outside and I could from inside (If I was foolish enough to do this, it meant i had signed up for double training with Xavier for the whole week which i avoided at all costs.)

The sight that greeted me at the door, I would have given anything to see in the past three months. Xavier looked so shaken up and extremely pale. Almost like........... when he left the meetings with my brother. I mean reporting to my brother was a serious matter. He could suck the life out of the depths of any one's soul. All his commanders one way or another looked like death when they came out of his head quarters after reporting to him on daily basis. But now Dante had disappeared unless...... no no no no. He can't be back. So I must have been right. I could sense him being alive the last three months. I was certain if they had the power to capture him, they had a good shot at killing him too. I knew he must have escaped when Alexander came back with his fighters with the scent of the blood of those vampires and no Dante. That was less than a week ago.

Xavier waved his hand and a message was instantly floating around right in front of my eyes. Dante was back and he wanted to see me. Correction, he wanted to slaughter me.

I nodded my head to Xavier to show I understood. He didn't seem to be in the mood to talk either. He left in a hurry without saying another word. Oh Oh, this can't be good. Xavier would only act this way if Dante had given him a serious mission. Dante must be planning something big. I could feel it.