50. Initiation Dance (Part 4)

Rowlen was blocking the door as Bethany was trying to get past him and go after Zachary. Roxana was long gone after giving up trying to calm the two down while they were involved in a heated exchange after Zachary had walked out. They were now still arguing and most likely hadn't even noticed Roxana's absence.

Rowlen was tired of apologising now. He growled " Bethany, How many times do I need to apologise for this. It was a misunderstanding. I fell for what Octavian told me. He tricked me and I will make him pay. I am sorry. You have to believe me."

Bethany was fuming " Get out of the way Rowlen. I don't believe your pathetic excuses about being tricked by Octavian. He would never dare scheme against us. Admit it that it was your own stupidity that lead to us ending up in such comprising position.

Rowlen looked hurt: " I tell you that he tricked me. He told me lies. He made me jealous."

Bethany shook her head: " Your excuses are absurd. Octavian made you do it. Is that it? You should control your temper and don't act like a caveman. You say that Octavian told you there is some guy seducing your sister and then you barged into the ladies chambers. What are you? a Neanderthal? So what? What if your sister was kissing some empath here? It would be her choice. A wrong choice. But her affairs are none of your business either way."

Rowlen was frustrated now " I cant help caring for my family and my loved ones. I am protective and possessive. Octavian knew that i am an honourable noble and played me. I would get him back for this. But consider my apology. I am genuinely sorry for what just happened."

Bethany spoke : "You are more of an idiot than I thought then if you fell for Octavian's tricks. Go out there right now and break all his bones and then I may believe you are really serious. But again nothing can compensate for this. I just lost the only one who I consider worthy to stand by my side. He is going to breakup with me now. Get out of my way. I have a relationship to restore."

Rowlen spoke more irritated now; " I am not letting you get past me until you say that I am forgiven. Don't even think about teleporting. I will intercept you. I am part werewolf. I am fast."

Bethany was annoyed: " Just drop it. Your apology does not revive my relationship for me. It would not bring back my Zachary. Nothing you say can change the situation."

Rowlen was desperate now: " That's true. Nothing I say can change anything but what about something that I do? But what if I help you take action and get back into your relationship with him."

Bethany laughed bitterly: " Don't you think you have done enough? You made it look like as though I was cheating on him tonight. That is unforgivable. If you cheat on a noble, it is a big insult. I have to work so hard for him to take me back. I would be lucky if he gets back to me in a few months time. I think you should be thinking about saving your own relationship right now. You cant date Serena anymore. Cheating is frowned upon. You have to prove that you are worthy of her now if you want her to take you back."

Rowlen nodded: " I couldn't agree more. That is why I want you to accept my assistance in all this. I would do anything to help you get back with Zachary. As for Serena, well I don't want to make things worse by approaching her now. Zachary must have filled her in by now about what he saw here and our relationship is as good as over. Her family are very traditional. Only a miracle can get her to date me again. So I think I would put all my energy into helping you in any way you wish. And then who knows after giving Serena some space, she may miss me and run back into my arms."

Bethany rolled her eyes: " Like I said. You have done enough. Unblock the door."

Rowlen sounded hurt now; " Bethany I can't tell you how much I regret my actions tonight. Please let me redeem myself somehow. I would do anything to help you and Zachary get back together."

Bethany looked thoughtful now. She remained silent and considered Rowlen's offer. Suddenly she smiled menacingly. When she finally spoke, waves of determination radiated her off her: " Fine. If you insist. I think there maybe a way for you to get me to forgive you. Based on my plan, we both can get our partners back but we have to work for it. Lets take a risk. It may sound crazy but the shortcut to getting our loved ones back is to ...... Make them jealous."

Rowlen gasped: " What are you implying. I am not sure I follow."

Bethany smirked; " Do I have to spell it out. Technically we are single now. Zachary broke it off with me and surely Serena has given up on you after most likely hearing about your stunt as we speak. So what's stopping us. We would walk out there and pretend we are madly in love and make them realise what they have lost. Lets start dating from tonight and make our relationship look as dramatic and romantic as we can. Jealousy is a powerful feeling. Trust me. I would know. Every time any girl looks at my Zachary, I want to make them suffer the worst type of pain ever known. I think this is our best option. So what do you say Rowlen?"

Rowlen nodded: " Sure I agree. But can I ask you. What are going to do if Zachary starts dating someone else and does not get jealous enough? Then what? I know I will give Serena some space for sure. I would not want her traditional family on my case for cheating on their daughter. So I will be keeping a low profile and don't mind her dating. As long as she does not try to bad mouth me in front of her family, I don't care about what she does. But what about you. Do you mind your Zachary flirting or dating while we do this?"

Bethany narrowed her eyes. " Do you even have to ask me this Rowlen? You should know me long enough. I don't share. I have not been allowed to date till now no thanks to my brother, Benjamin and his protectiveness. But now that I am, I won't let any girl to take my man away from me. I would make anyone who goes near him wish that they were never born." Her words were full of promise and menace.