174. Elemental Lord (Part 2)

Dante was looking stunned. He expected to hear anything at that moment but Athena's confession. He opened his mouth trying to speak but no words came out. Her words were sinking in slowly. It was gradually registering with him how triumph had been achieved in their relationship. At last Athena had confessed to him how she felt.

Dante closed his eyes and took a deep breath shaking his head " I just wish you were in mind right now and could read every thought I had."

Athena turned around and looked into the distant. I would rather not. I know you are now satisfied that you know how I feel. You have won my heart with no effort." As she said the words , she regretted it. She felt his pain and his rage radiating off him full force. She then felt his hand on hers pulling her towards him.

His voice was menacing " At least look at me when you say it. Go on tell me my love. Say that I have done nothing and have made no effort to have you on my side. Say it. I want you to look me into my eyes and say I have just waltz into your life and grabbed you and now I have you. Was it this simple and straight forward?"

Athena was feeling the closeness unnerving. Dante had managed to wrap his arms tightly around her and their chests were touching. Her eyes were closed. The outburst Dante just had was really hitting her hard. His waves of rage were hurting her. Her mind was a mess. She couldn't talk from the pressure and force from his waves of emotions.

Dante was breathing heavily now. He raised an eyebrow " Maybe you are right. I did nothing and got you. But lets take a trip back memory lane."

Suddenly the force of his emotions were lifted off Athena and she could open her eyes looking into the cold and rageful eyes of his blood match.

Athena sighed " There is no point."

Dante laughed bitterly " But there is a point. Lets start from the time we met in that cabin you had built. You saved me from pain. You nursed me back to health after I was through three months of torment and pain. Those rebels tried to kill me from the same spell that killed my ancestor. But I didn't die. I escaped .... to you. Was it a coincidence? I doubt it. My heart wanted you. Otherwise why would I land at your back yard of all the places. Then after you revived me from my weak state, we talked over dinner and then who left who? Remind me."

Athena whispered " I left you."

Dante spoke " Good. So you admit it. You left me. You didn't even give me the chance to get to know you and to win your heart. You even took sides with my enemies and made it your mission to oppose me in lands I was attacking to conquer. Now tell me darling when was the time for me to fight to win your heart? In the middle of battle when I was in the middle of my conquests? I couldn't exactly have heart to hearts with you and take you to dates when you were miles away helping others. This is the main point here. I did try to win your heart by leaving you alone and giving you space. I let you be because I knew your healing duties were important to you. Something you never did for me. You didn't think my passion for gaining power and ruling the world was important enough for you to let me in peace fighting my battles. You joined forces with Archelous and azalea in bran castle. If you had worked with me, we could have conquered them. You drew me out of that castle just when I had a strong hold inside."

Athena spoke " You shouldn't have jumped into that portal after me when you got out of that glass cell."

Dante spoke " Woman. Don't you think I was fed up of chasing you at that point. Maybe our reunion was overdue at that point. Then I thought I had you. I have up the rare chance to conquer bran castle by following you put. The only way to get in was if Archelous or azalea summoned me and of course they wouldn't. Not any time soon. My point is.... I gave up on conquering that castle for you.... to follow you."