81. Menacing Threats & Intrusions

Demetrious knew his life could end within seconds if his brother wished it. His shield was up and Dante was now about to break through his last line of defence that Demetrious had managed to summon for himself. As Demetrious's energy was draining, the shield disappeared and Dante walked up to him and suddenly punched Demetrious in the gut. He lost his breath and bent over holding his stomach. Demetrious closed his eyes and braced himself for more blows but none came. There was now only silence. Demetrious slowly gained his breath and looked up at his brother. Dante's eyes looked murderous. He was ready to kill but it baffled Demetrious that Dante was standing there looking at him with rage silently. It was unlike Dante. Just when Demetrious thought Dante was not going to act and was about to question his brother, Dante suddenly slapped Demetrious and then didnt let him drop and held Demetrious in a choke hold.

Demetrious found himself now pinned to the wall with Dante holding his neck firmly in his grip. Dante pulled him away from the wall only to push him roughly to the wall again. Demetrious pressed his lips and kept his groans of pain inside him. He didnt want to give Dante the satisfaction of knowing how much he was hurting him. Demetrious just was begining to realise, how much more powerful his brother had become even since hours ago since he had last encountered him. Dante's waves of power were developing at extraordinary pace. He was now truely getting closer to becoming the killing machine that the prophecy had foretold. Demetrious trembled as he thought about how right now nothing could stop his brother and no one was his match. He was wondering how much more power Dante was going to develop from now on.

Dante was still holding Demetrious against the wall by his neck and fuming from anger. He spoke finally with pure rage " How dare you Demetrious? How dare you defy me in the presence of my blood match? How dare you disobey a direct order by me? I asked you to duel with your blood match. I did not ask you to kill her but you still refused and helped assist their flight from my grip."

Demetrious spoke painfully as his neck was in Dante's firm grip "Why dont you just punish me. I did make my decision to aid them. Just do it. Hurt me. I know you wont be satisfied until you hear my screams from pain. Why ask me the questions you already know the answers to? I am not like you. I do as you tell me but I am still nothing like you and never will be. You are willing to put your blood match through distress and pain but I wont. I prefer to die a thousand times before I allow a soul to harm my blood match. So get it over and done with. Hurt me for my act of defiance."

Dante narrowed his eyes and punched Demetrious in his stomach and watched with satisfaction as Demetrious's breath hitched and he closed his eyes. But still Demetrious pressed his lips not to make any groans of pain. Demetrious opened his eyes and started breathing heavily and stared at his brother anticipating more pain.

Dante spoke with a threatening tone " Dont tempt me Demetrious. We are hours away from attacking the western territory. I want you as my prosecuter knight to be by my side. Hurting you in the way that I am picturing in my mind would mean that you would be spending days in bed recovering from the wounds I want to inflict on you. I am so close to losing control. If you know what is good for you, then you would remain silent. I should really break all your bones a hundred times before allowing you to speak a word."

Demetrious lost patience " Then Why are you sparing me really? You can conquer the western territory single handedly even with no army. You just want to show off your power and then get you army to humiliate the westerners and capture their land. You dont need me by your side. Come on hurt me for what i did. I dont want you to show mercy to me because I know you will take out you anger on others later on if you dont on me right now. Do it Dante."

Dante laughed bitterly "You are still the same empathic idiot you always were. If you were anyone else, I would have killed you for this stunt. You should count yourself lucky to be breathing right now. I think my encounter with Athena must have put me in a good mood enough for me to refrain from bashing you up right now and let you get away lightly. But, come to think of it, obviously the beatings I give you teach you nothing so I am going to teach you not to cross me in a completely different way from now on. Let me start by saying what a great choice of blood match you have. She looks so innocent and young perfect for taking punishments for your crimes when I get my hands on her. Don't you think."

Demetrious's eyes widened and he started to struggle in Dantes grip as his body shook " No. You cant involve her. She hasnt done anything wrong. I am the one who keeps defying you. Not her. You can't hurt her. She is my blood match. Dante. You can't be so cruel. I am your brother."

Dante let go of Demetrious's neck but still remained towering over him and stared into his eyes. He spoke ina threatening tone " Really brother? You are now pleading to me for her life knowing full well what a risk you took by setting her free alongside Athena. I had plans for them. I was going to keep them here whilst we attacked the western territory but you ruined my plans. Do you really think you are in the position to be asking for forgiveness or mercy after what you did? Now listen hard Demetrious, Its only a matter of time before this war is over and all beings in North America including Athena and Aretha surrender to us. Aretha happens to be Athenas sister, so I may allow her to be living at the castle of spears with her when I take permanent residence there in Arkansas with Athena. But Demetrious, it would be still up to me how much freedom or comfort I allow her to have. I may lock her up with her parents in a special unit I have locked them up right now. That would mean no visitors allowed. Also, I could easily forbid you from ever seeing her. Do you know how painful that would be for you and for her. You would be walking around helplessly knowing your blood match is close by but you are not allowed to see her or touch her. Now it doesn't take a genius for you to work out what I expect from you in return."

Demetrious choked out the words " My loyalty."

Dante nodded " Very good. Then we have an understanding. Remember it takes one order for me to forbid you to see your blood match. One order. And on your part, only one wrong move can make me angry enough to give that order. So think carefully Demetrious. It's all in your hands. Remember my warning. I am a man of my word. I mean it Demetrious, if you displease me, you will be saying goodbye to your blood match. Do you understand?"

Demetrious reluctantly looked into the cold eyes of his brother and spoke " I do understand. I won't defy you again."

Dante nodded " very well. Now go to your room and wait for me to summon you when it is time for setting off to attack the western territory."

Demetrious immidiately left his brothers presence with so much on his mind. He spent hours just pacing his room and looking outside his window just anticipating the inevitable summon call from his brother that would have forced him to go to battle with the western territory and watch their demise. As he was deep in thought, suddenly he felt his brother approaching his door. It was not even dawn yet. Why was he getting to start his duties so early.

Dante's walked in forcefully and spoke with rage" There are intruders at our base. I can feel them. They are intercepted and fighting our men right now. They are outside Tiberious's residence. I am certain that Athena has spread the news that we have a wisdom sorcerer to her rebel friends. I told her about our new advisor during our brief encounter. I bet every freedom fighter would want him for themselves to fight for their so called cause on their side. But little they know that they are no match for us. Now brother, lets go. We have lessons to teach these intruders."