154. Castle's Young Hopes

Arethusa was sitting next to Azalea on a sofa in the living room of Bran Castle thinking about devising the next move in the game of chess they were playing with Vasile and Archelous. The two boys were sitting at the opposite side on another sofa and taunting the girls.

Archelous spoke " Come on girls. I am sure you know you have lost already."

Vasile spoke " Archelous and I have never lost a match before. You may as well give up now so we can get to the fun part."

Arethusa spoke " And what part would that be?"

Vasile spoke innocently " Don't you know? We always play to win something. You basically would do as we say for the rest of the night if you lose. That's the typical bet in games between boys and girls in Arkansas right?"

Arethusa spoke " But you are not an Arkansan. Why let your game be run by Arkansan rules. What about Transylvanian rules?"

Archelous laughed " You are right. He picks and chooses the rules he likes from the Arkansans. The Transylvanian boys are gentleman. They don't ask for anything in their games except kisses. That's of course if the girls agree no matter if they lose or win. But now that you have brought it up, you should know that Vasile is actually half Arkansan."

Vasile spoke "Its not something I am proud of. I dont like being reminded on that I am part Arkansan since as you know the Arkansans are our enemies. They are coming to take over our land. Lets get back to the game now. I would like to change the subject."

Azalea spoke "Guys. Why dont we call it a tie for now. Its time to watch the Ronas commemorations. The broadcasting spheres should arrive in a few minutes."

Vasile waved his hands and made the chess sphere hovering in front of them disappear "I agree. Lets give Arethusa a break since she is new."

Arethusa spoke "What are you talking about? What are broadcasting spheres?"

Azalea responded "Our dear cousin is going to show off his commeorations live. Its a power display. Its to put fear in the hearts of thsoe who havent surrundered willingly and to frustrate his enemies basically. All nations who have surrundered would kneel to him tonight."

Archelous spoke "I think there would be some grusome parts that you may not like to see. When I see those bits are coming up, I will tell you to look away."

Arethusa looked at Archelous with questioning eyes "What do you mean? Are you implying there would be some violence, But, isnt this supposed to be just a celebration?Why would there be any grusome scenes?"

Vasile spoke "Dont worry. He would tell you when to look away. It takes a Ronas to know a Ronas. He knows things we don't. I envy his Ronas instinct sometimes." He then turned to Azalea "Can I eat something here or you dont want your persian rug to be stained."

Azalea rolled her eyes and waved her hands and a massive sphere full of refreshments ended up on the tea table "Here. Happy now? Dont you ever stop eating? I would feel sorry for your blood match. She would have to put up with you cocky and over-confident attitude as well as you extreme eating habits."

Vasile shrugged "Blame your brother. I am his official practice partner and always have been. He did his target practice on me tonight like every night of course. I need some food to help me heal faster. Damn. The Ronas force spheres and lightening curses hurt like hell." he turned to Arethusa "Be careful around Azalea. She may make you her living target of her deadly spells too."

Azalea conjured a force sphere in her hand "Stop complaining or I would floor you."

Vasile spoke "Chill Azalea. I was only kidding. No wonder you dont even have a boyfriend."