168. Fear, Pain & Confusion

Athena was startled as she felt Dante standing behind her. As she was about to turn around to face her blood match, she realised Aretha's expression changing to a painful one. All of a sudden Aretha collapsed to the floor groaning in pain.

This made Athena to kneel next to her sister and embrace her. She then spoke in a panic as she was holding Aretha in her arms " Why have you attacked my sister? Call back the spell ......" She then looked up at Dante and swallowed hard as she saw Dantes furious expression.

Dante spoke in a low and threatening tone "What did you just say Aretha? Care to repeat it?" He looked angry. Very angry.

Athena was shaking her head in disbelief "What are you trying to prove? Take away the pain from my sister. Now."

Dante laughed bitterly and spoke " No. I have not even started with her. She cant use her tongue to turn you against me and get away with it. No one can. You are mine Athena. Mine. Anyone who comes between you and I will pay the price. Now say your goodbyes to her. I am taking her to the cells underneath the castle where no one can hear her. It's not even one of the cells where I locked up your parents. I am taking her to much deeper cells where she feels nothing but pain and I will be her only visitor. I would make her suffer until she begs for me to kill her. You won't see her for a while. Say goodbye now."

Athena was fuming. Her eyes turned silver and spoke "You will lift this curse now. She is my sister. She didn't do anything wrong. All she said was that Donavan was waiting for me...."

Dante roared " Don't mention his name. I gave you a chance to say your goodbyes and you didn't take it. You can't complain later."

Dante then waved his hands and 'Athena's eye lids felt heavy. She whispered "You dont fight fair...". Then, she suddenly fell into a deep sleep as Dante caught her in his arms. He placed her on the bed in Aretha's room and kissed her forehead whispering "I would be back soon. I cant have you trying to stop me in any way."

Then Dante turned around and walked to Aretha who was looking at him in horror as she was groaning in pain on the floor. Aretha spoke "What ..... did you ... do to her?"

He laughed menacingly "It's never easy to deal with my beloved when she is angry. Unconsciousness may make her calm. She is now having sweet dreams. Worry about yourself Aretha. Athena will be sleeping for a while but you ....... will be screaming."

Suddenly Aretha's line of vision became blurry and then she felt nauseous. Everything went dark for Aretha. Suddenly she felt forces pulling her away. She had no idea what was happening. The teleportation portal was dark. She had no idea where she was heading. And then she hit a hard surface. She was laying on a cold ground in a dimly lit room. She guessed she was in one of the cells Dante had promised.

Aretha she couldn't move from the pain. How long was she going to be here? She felt it was highly unlikely for her to see her blood match again? She felt like she was not going to walk out of this cell alive. Dante's waves of hate were murderous. She whispered painfully " I love you Demetrious."

Then she heard nothing back. Instead he heard a menacing laugh from somewhere in the room. It was Dante " He can't hear you. I have blocked everything. This room is for my worst enemies and you little one is one of them."

Aretha then felt herself lifted up by a force. She found herself strapped with golden Ronas strings to a chair in the middle of the room facing Dante. He spoke " Now it's just you and me. Athena can't try to save you. I have a home advantage. Rule 1. Don't ever insult a Ronas on a Ronas property. It won't end well for you."

Aretha spoke with venom " Go to hell."

He walked around Aretha and chuckled while shaking his head. He spoke "you will learn to respect me. I will teach you a lesson. Be assured. No one knows you are down here except for Demetrious. He can see you now actually. I sent him a messenger sphere and he will be watching as I will be teaching you a lesson and he would be your only audience. But we can play nice. If you apologise properly I may reduce your punishment. But we can play it the hard way too. You show no remorse, I will show you no mercy. It sounds fair. Doesn't it."