37. Dangerous Mistake (part 3)

Nitizya was looking at Sean with disbelief " Surely you would care about them. I can see you have a massive family portrait above your bed. I am quite sure it is human instinct to want to risk your life for the people who raised you, regardless of who you are."

Sean laughed bitterly and remained close to Nitizya. He lifted his hand and started stroking Nitizya's cheeks where now her tears were almost drying . He then spoke indifferently
" Nitizya. Are you trying to distract me from your major crime here? It is not going to work. I am still going to still punish you. So don't think you have gotten away with anything. I am nowhere near finished with you. But fine. I would tell you a little bit about my messed up family. Lets see if you defend them after this. That portrait is a compulsory part of my room. Those in the picture are not even my real parents. They are my aunt and uncle but the boy and the girl next to me are my siblings. it is part of the Ronas protocols to keep one portrait in your home and workplace at all times to remember your Arkansan bloodline. But i feel nothing but hate towards My parents who gave me life. I also hate my uncle and aunt. You see, my parents left me and my two younger siblings in the care of my uncle and aunt without feeling remorse. They left us and travelled to Alaska to be mentored by that stupid Elder council. At the time of their departure, I was 5, my brother Zachary was 2 and my sister Zelina was just a 1 year old at the time. So I am the only one who has any photographic memory of them really amongst my siblings. I don't know if my parents are dead or alive. I couldn't care less. They never contacted us afterwards. They left us in the care of my lunatic uncle and auntie who had no clue how to raise children. They were related to my pathetic father so we were stuck with them till I turned 18 and became a commander. I then moved my siblings to my own residence and took over the rest of their upbringing. I think they raised my siblings to be too soft. None of us knew of the Ronas protocols when we went to school. They forbid anything that they considered could interfere with a child's natural path in life. We were expected to just waste our days playing with our light spheres and attend children's parties of the nobles who were careless idiots like them. I hated my childhood so much. Later on I found out how my fellow commanders had a more ordered and stricter upbringing than I did. I feel embarrassed to even tell them who raised me really. I was lucky i became friends with Xaviers family and spent most of my days in their household. His family were honourable nobles who tried to adopt me but whilst my uncle and aunt were alive, that was not an option."

Nitizya couldn't believe how wrong Sean was. His aunt and uncle sounded like the honourable nobles to her " But how can you be so emotionless and full of hate for your family? They sound like ordinary parents to me. Your aunt and uncle gave you freedom. What is wrong with that?"

Sean ignored her comment and rolled his eyes "They were neglectful. They never cared for my siblings and I. We spent most days by ourselves all alone in their mansion wasting time, while we could be taken to palace to socialise with other nobles. Being taken care of by two noble outcasts damaged my childhood experience. As you can see, my past has tainted my spotless track record as a commander and of course my poor siblings. Both of them have too much compassion and empathy to my liking. It would take awhile to kick the empathy out of them. But I am getting there. Now I have a governess for them at home to take over when I am not home. Beatrix is quite the best well known training mentor you could ask for. But I still preferred my own parents to be taking care of them when I am at work. But they left us at the mercy of those idiots whom shared blood with my father. So surely I would let them suffer if I was ever placed in your position. They deserve to suffer the worst pains for ruining my childhood. But since I laid eyes in you I can only imagine what a great couple we could be. My siblings could definitely use a role model. We would share together a lifetime that could give us many children who looked as beautiful as you. We would raise them to be law abiding citizens and loyal to the Ronas protocols. I can promise you that."