149. Bran Castle

Arethusa had no idea where she was. She had landed in dimly lit room after she had stepped on the ring given to her by Tiberious. She bent forward and picked up the ring since she had promised to keep the ring safe. Then she started walking around the room. She noticed that she was in an attic. Why had Tiberious sent her to an attic but it made sense. his spell was cast so she ended up in the safest place in Bran castle which was basically the most deserted and safest. So where else would be more suited than the attic. She sighed and looked around the room looking at the floorboard to spot an exit. She didnt want to risk teleporting. What if she ended up in the middle of some dragon cage or some where worse. Transylvanians were known for their love of dragons.

And she found the exit and carefully opened it. There was an empty room below her that was completely red. Its curtains, its carpet, its bed sheets, Everything was red almost. Then she jumped down onto the floor. Her relief was short lived since she felt ice caps coming out of ground and surrounding her and caging her. She tried but she couldnt break them and couldnt teleport away. they were Ronas spells fo sure.

Suddenly she saw a girl around her age appearing in the room. She looked angry at first but then looked shocked "An intruder? A girl intruder? Who are you? Are you an assasin coming to kill me in my room?" She kept firing questions at Arethusa not letting her respond. "Tell me your name. Who has sent you? Why do I feel something familiar about you?" She then gasped and waved her hands and the ring from Arethusa's pocket came out and landed in the girls's hand. She spoke apologetically "Oh. My father's ring. You are sent by my father. I am so sorry." She then waved her hands and the ice caps disappeared.

The girl looked friendly now "Please forgive me if I over reacted. Its not every day an intruder breaks into my room. Only my brother, Archelous shows up sometimes unannounced and terrorises me. he is a real pain in the backside especially since he turned eighteen a month ago. I have to wait one year for my powers to mature. It sucks really. I am Azalea by the way. What is your name. How old are you?"

Arethusa was speechless. The experience of being in presence of this girl had really startled her. She had a mixed aura. It wasnt dark but it wasnt too bright either. She didnt know ehther to trust her. was she playing with her? She thought about going with her instinct " I am Arethusa. I am seventeen like you I guess. Nice to meet you. Is this really the famous Bran Castle? Who else lives here?"

Azalea spoke "Its just me, my brother and of course our soldiers and servents whom are scattered all over the castle. It gets lonely here you know. Especially since three months ago when our father ordered us not leave the castle. Apparently its not safe out there for us. Now my brother and I are alone here. Our father, as the leader of the society needs all the help he can get in the ancient society so he called upon our mother to join him too coincidently last night. It was something about a vision someone had foreseen, they summoned her too. I dont know when it would be time for my brother and I to join the ancient society. I cant wait. But apparently our only role is to keep this castle safe. As you know this is one of the few castles made of enchanted stones that can be manipulated to hold multiple powers. Those stones no longer exist sadly. This is not Castle of Spears but is comes close. I am so sorry I am talking too much. Its been three months I haven't stepped foot outside this castle and my brother is real terrible company. Now where are my manners. You have just arrived. Are you hungry? Lets go get something to eat and then you can tell me all about why you are here."

Arethusa spoke "About that. I should tell you that i am here because ...." But Azalea grabbed her hand and teleported her away to a dining hall with soldiers standing in military stance all around the room.

Azalea spoke "Take no notice of the soldiers. they are just here to guard my brother and I. Not that we need any security. Both of us can handle ourselves. Nevermind them. Take a seat. Do you like English Tea. It beats the American whiskey. We have scones and cream too. Its not dinner time yet so this is all we can have for now."