125. Taking a Fall (part 2)

Flora's POV

I looked at the pathetic looking border control guards I was interrogating, hung from the ceiling upside down. It's been now 6 hours since I have hung them up and have been tormenting them with every possible spell that is not fatal enough to kill them. Within the first 5 minutes of the interrogation, they revealed to me every image they could recall from memory regarding how my Arthur was taken. They actually thought I would let them go after they described their account. Oh no. I carried on making them scream again and again. Sadly a number of them lost consciousness but the strongest were surviving and fighting it.

I threw one last powerful spell at the two remaining enforcers who let my Arthur get away and watched him disappear through the portal created by those low life freedom fighters. Their screams filled the room one more time and then all went silent. Of course. They lost consciousness too. Ah. Damn these weaklings.

I walked to the window and stared into space. I smirked as I noticed how close sunrise was. It meant end of martial law and end of my duty night in my office. Also it meant I could go to make some enquiries about who was going to interrogate and charge those two traitors. Edwin and Serena were on my mind all night as I had tormented the lousy border control guards. Marcus had the decency of demoting them to working in the kitchens on the spot after their failure. If they thought that was punishment, they had thought wrong. I took them off Marcus's hands and brought them to my office and took out all the anger I wanted to take out on Edwin and Serena on these idiots. Too bad they didn't last very long. But I have my eye in the prize and I am counting on Nathan and Benjamin to give me privileged access to those traitors who took my Arthur away from me. I know so much protection and protective laws come to play when it comes to convicting commanders but with enough evidence, I know there is hope to get justice for my stolen love. Especially I would fight to my last breath to get Edwin. He had blackmailed me all this time to hide his ex-girlfriend Gloria for him. He had threatened to report my good treatment of Arthur, my beautiful violet eyed angel to the Arkansan authorities. The nerve of that low life. He steals my Arthur and assumes he can get away with it. Oh no. I would fight to make his life hell. Then I would wait for the time master attacks Alaska and breaks the seals on that protected god forsaken place. Then I will get my Arthur back. But first things first. Revenge is what I crave right now. I want to see the blood of those who separated my love from me to be spilled and their loud screams of agony to shake the walls of the dungeons.

The signal for the end of martial law was heard and it was music to my ears. Now that sunrise was gracing the skies I could run to the dungeons and get some justice. Or maybe not. Nathan and Benjamin must be at the palace accommodation still after that cursed party. If every single commander wasn't invited last night to that ridiculous event, then maybe those low life traitors could be charged and sentenced or who knows I would have seen their execution by now.

I took a deep breath and teleported myself to the palace office for hospitality at the guest accommodation units. The receptionist was a low life I had seen before. Whatever her name was. My nickname for her is blonde bimbo since her only aim in life is to sit there and look pretty. I even once offered her to train her to make a fighter out of her but apparently that's not what she is after in life. Well that is her loss. When one of those dominant men she dates, kicked her backside in a fight, she would come crying to me. I can't wait to see that.

I walked up to her and grabbed her neck " Show me Nathan or Benjamin's chambers. Where did they stay last night after the party finished at the palace."

The blonde bimbo stuttered " They are staying on the 10th floor in the master ensuite rooms located next to each other. Commander Benjamin specifically told me that no one is allowed to disturb them even for breakfast call or room service. They had a lady friend with them last night staying in their room. But commander Nathan left me with no instructions. I assume it is ok to disturb them."