Whispered Confession

Continues on from the previous chapter....

Later that evening.....

Kol's pov

I was quietly reading about fatherhood you know because I'm going to be a father and all but all these parenting books are the same plus none give you an instruction guide on how to raise hybrid child. I'm only reading it because both my sister and Davina recommended me to do so and since I don't want to disappoint the mother of my child, I did as she asked plus I know my sister would've constantly nagged at me if I didn't as she insists I must prepare myself for being a father yet I don't see Klaus reading any parenting books.

I look up as the front door suddenly slams open and Klaus storms in "I can't believe him!" he rages as he paces up and down the hallway in front of the living room so I can see him. "Problem Nik?" I ask making him stop "yes there's a problem. My child can apparently be used to make hybrids as Tyler demonstrated to Hayley and Davina today and he convinced Hayley that I knew all along and that I only shown interest in my child because of it and she told Elijah who believed her" he rants with an angry face.

"Of course he would believe her, she goes running to him with her tail wagging and gives him puppy dog eyes and not to mention the fact he fancies her" he explains so I close the book I was reading and set it aside. "I mean I know I'm a terrible person but I would never use my child for such a thing" he rants running a hand through his hair.

"For him to believe it though, I'm just so angry" he says making me scoff "you don't say?" I respond sarcastically making him scowl at me. "So what did you do about it?" I ask "I bit Elijah and left them in the bayou so they can enjoy each other" he explains making me roll my eyes.

"Of course you did" I respond "well how else was I suppose to punish them? Elijah took her side into account and didn't even bother to ask me about it to hear my side" he responds "well for one you didn't have to bite Elijah. You do realize because of the werewolf bite Elijah will start hallucinating and could end up hurting Hayley who is you know carrying your child" I say making him pause.

"They'll be fine" he replied waving me off "whatever you say" I respond "Hayley also mentioned that your child can be used to make hybrids. Is that true?" he asks making me sigh.

"That's my concern Nik not yours" I respond making him narrow his eyes. "On the contrary it is my concern. That's my niece or nephew and if they can make hybrids I need to know" he says "why? So you can use my child instead of yours?" I retort standing up.

"Not you too? What makes you think I would use my own niece or nephew?" he asks "well you're the one who likes to cling to power. I mean look at what you're doing with Marcel. You're trying to undermine Marcel's rule, turn allies against him and get your hands on anything that could give you more power and help you against him" I respond pointing at him.

"I'm doing all that for our family. I'm trying to reclaim our city! New Orleans is our home. Marcel sleeps in our house, in our beds!" he snaps waving his arms around.

"That doesn't exactly tell me you're not planning to use my child. That's just you throwing a paddy over someone having what you want" I retort shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm not going to use your child! Despite what you and our siblings think of me. I would not dream of using any child of this family!" he snaps at that moment Davina comes downstairs.

"Why are you two shouting? I'm trying to sleep" she says rubbing her head "sorry love, I didn't mean to wake you up" I apologize "it's okay, I need food anyway" she responds waving me off as she heads into the kitchen.

"She seems okay after being kidnapped" Klaus comments "well she's resilient, she seems to be able to bounce back from stressful situations" I respond "does she think the same as her sister that I only care for the babies because I plan to use them?" he questions making me shake my head.

"Well she agrees that you're an evil prick but she doesn't seem to think you would use your own child" I respond making him scowl slightly. "Well that makes one" Klaus replied "hey I didn't quite believe you would use your own child. I was just a little concerned that you would use my child" I respond "and I told you I don't plan to use your child. I didn't even know that it was possible" he responds making me shrug.

"Well we just have to make sure nobody else finds out because they may spread false rumors" I respond before heading into the kitchen.

I smirk as I walk in to find Davina raiding the fridge. "You have no bacon or peanut butter" she says without looking at me as she grabs a carton of orange juice from the fridge and pours herself a glass.

She puts the carton of orange juice back in the fridge and closes the fridge.

"I can pop out and get you some?" I offer but she shakes her head "no it's okay. I can wait, I'll just have something else" she responds grabbing a jar of nutella from the cupboard and an apple from the fruit basket on the counter.

She grabs two knives, one sharp and small while the other one is blunt. She sets the blunt knife down and uses the sharp knife to cut out a slice of apple. She places the knife down and grabs the blunt knife.

She dips the knife in the nutella jar and spreads nutella onto the apple slice. "You're staring, why?" she asks glancing over at me as she bites into the apple slice.

"No reason, sorry" I apologise rubbing the back of my neck "you think I'm having weird cravings? Nutella on apple slices is nice" she defends "I didn't think it was a weird craving love, don't worry" I assure her and she nods her head.

"Do you know when my sister will be back?" she asks "she's staying in the bayou tonight with Elijah" I respond and she smirks "ohh" she says making me chuckle.

"It's not like that. Klaus kind of bit Elijah and left them there. Hayley is looking after him" I say making her frown "is he gonna be okay?" she asks concerned "he'll be fine, he's an original so he'll survive Nik's bite" I respond making her nod.

"I should go over there and check on Hayley, make sure she's okay" Davina says starting to put everything away and cleaning the knives. She proceeds to eat the apple normally.

I gently grab her wrist as she goes to leave. "No don't, it won't be safe now. Hayley will be fine I promise" I assure her "okay" she responds her eyes peer into mine for a moment before she pulls her wrist from my hand and leaves.
.
.
.
.
2 hours later..

I decide to head to bed since Klaus is hiding in his room painting to get out his anger.

I reach my bedroom and Davina is fast asleep in bed. I shut the door behind me once I enter the room.

I kick off my shoes and head over to my draws and pull out some sweat pants. I shut the draw and head into the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me and take my t-shirt and jeans off before putting my sweat pants on.

I pick up my clothes and toss them in the washing basket before exiting the bathroom.

I turn the light off but turn the night light on as I quietly get into bed and lie down.

I turn the night light off and close my eyes until I feel Davina shift beside me but I don't think anything of it until I feel her against me.

I open my eyes and turn to look at her and see she has scooted towards me and was snuggled against me. Thinking she was asleep I smile before placing a kiss on her forehead causing a smile to tug at the corner of her lips as she snuggles her head on my chest pressing her body against my side and she intertwines one of her legs with mine.

I quietly turn on the light and just watch her sleeping. I gently run a hand through her hair "I wish you knew how I feel about you darling" I whisper pressing a kiss against her forehead before turning the night light off and shutting my eyes.

Little did I know she was partially awake and that she heard what I said...

End of chapter

I know it was short but I hope you liked it. Kol and Klaus had a mini spat about the revelation that their unborn children can make hybrid. Davina had a mini craving. Davina cuddled up to Kol in bed aww. Kol whispered to her that he wished she knew how he felt about her. What will happen next?

Vote and comment