Out on the quarter

At the compound...

No one's pov

Elijah, Hayley, Rebekah and Klaus were all gathered in the living room of the compound "Kol and Davina left" Elijah said "what? But they need to be here, I want all members of this household present" Klaus replied "is it really necessary? I mean you're only going to have a rant about something and tell us a bunch of rules that we have to follow now you're King" Rebekah spoke up from her seat on the couch where she was filing her nails.

Klaus opened and closed his mouth "I just want everyone to obey and not mess things up for me now that I'm in power" he said "yeah like my sister is gonna obey you" Hayley replied in a sarcastic tone "also you're technically not quite in power, you're in power of the vampires but that's it. You don't have any power over the witches or werewolves" Rebekah added pointing her nail file at him.

"And after the stunt you pulled with sending the vampires after the werewolves they will never let you have power over them nor will me and Davina since they are our pack, not yours" Hayley said in a serious tone. "Will you just listen to me for once?!" he snapped clenching his fists at his side "we're tired of this power play thing you're doing, it's causing unnecessary problems and stress for Hayley and Davina which may I remind you is not good for them being pregnant and all" Rebekah said making Klaus huff.

"They have a point and I do believe you should quit with the power play before you go too far. You got what you wanted with Marcel, you got his secret weapon and you got the throne you desired so badly back from him" Elijah spoke up "I need the witches under my thumb too, I don't trust them" Klaus replied making Hayley scoff "and you think my sister and I do? We can't stand those bitches since they tried to pull a fast one on us and use us and our pregnancies as bait for you and Kol" Hayley retorted she was tired of Klaus and his need for control of everything and everyone.

"The ones who have wronged us will meet their deaths but I'm talking about an alliance with the witches who haven't been a problem and could be of use to us" Klaus interjected "I still don't like the idea" Hayley replied shaking her head.

"I'm bored, I'm going out" Rebekah said getting up and walking towards the door "Rebekah get back here" Klaus said "no piss off Nik. I'm not listening to anymore of this, it gives me a bloody headache!" Rebekah snapped back before vamp speeding out of the compound.

Meanwhile....In the Quarter

Kol's pov

Since me and Davina had to rush out the compound this morning to avoid my brothers bullshit of a meeting, Davina didn't get to have any breakfast and she's hungry so I brought her to one of New Orleans best bakeries and I'm having her try some of their best pastries.

I watch as Davina takes a bite out of a benign and instantly moans "woah that is so good" she says taking another bite "I told you, my brothers and I actually sort of helped this place open up" I say making her raise an eyebrow "really?" she asks "yeah, these women came to my brothers and I with these trays of delicious pastries for us, they made them themselves and they were just so delicious that we helped them set up shop with a contribution fund" I explain "that was very nice of you, all of you really" she replies making me nod.

"We can be nice when we want too but most of the time we just aren't" I say "too right but I get it I mean you've been around for a thousand years, you've probably endured god knows what so of course you aren't gonna be all nice all the time plus with being originals you have this reputation to uphold of being serious business you know and being people you shouldn't mess with" she replies pulling a piece of benign off and popping it in her mouth.