We're mates

Continues from previous chapter...

Kol and Davina set Axel and Veida down on the play mat on the floor "what are you putting them on the floor for?" Elijah questioned "tummy time, it's good for them as it helps them learn how to move about and use their arms to hold themselves up, it also builds strength in their arms" Davina explained as she gently rolled Veida onto her stomach to which the baby girl smiled with glee and kicked her feet out as she blew bubbles.

"It's also how they'll eventually learn to roll over. The twins nor Hope have managed to succeed in rolling over just yet" Kol said as he watched Axel use his elbows to balance himself as he lifted his head up.

"It must've been great being with them all these months" Elijah mused watching as his brother and Davina watched the twins like hawks "it's been amazing. I can't imagine being away from them and I don't know how my sister did it" Davina confessed with a smile.

"I can only imagine how Nik felt. It must've killed him, I know it would've killed me to be away from them which makes me thankful that Nik allowed me to be with them" Kol said with a wishful expression. "He didn't want to be the one to force you away from your children. He felt letting you be with your children was the least he could do after the way he's mistreated you over the years" Elijah explained making Kol snap his head up.

"Really?" he asked with a raised eyebrow "yes, he acknowledged the fact he's been very unfair to you in the past. He felt you deserved to be with your children, well that and he said at least one of you should get to be with your children" Elijah explained making Kol frown before his attention went to Axel who let out a noise of frustration as he tried to roll over.

Kol moved Axel onto his back "I guess I owe him" Kol muttered as he sat back, placing his elbow on his knee as he brought his leg up, watching as Axel managed to shuffle closer to his sister and the two started babbling to each other.

"Are you two talking?" Davina asked in a baby voice making the twins look at her and babble at her making Kol chuckle. "Oh my chatty babies" she cooed with a smile as she moved a noisy toy closer that Veida was trying to reach.

As soon as the toy was within her grasp, she grabbed it and began squeezing the toy making it squeak and make a crinkle sound as it was one of those toys that made various sounds. Axel grabbed the toy and Veida turned her head towards him and babbled at him making him babble back at her as he tried to grab at the toy only for her to pull it away and babble louder at him only for him to start crying.

"Well, someone doesn't like to share" Elijah said as they watched the twins "just like her daddy" Davina remarked looking at Kol with a smirk "it is true. I don't like to share" he replied with a wink directed at her.

"Sweetie, share with your brother" Davina said as she grabbed the toy and placed it between them. Axel instantly stopped crying and happily grabbed the toy, squeezing it with a smile while Veida clenched her fists and started crying. "Oh dear" Davina cooed "you can never win, love" Rebekah stated as she sipped on her wine.

Davina grabbed another toy and placed it in front of Veida making her stop crying and she grabbed it "little miss drama queen" Kol teased as he tickled Veida making her squirm.

...

1 hour later...

Hayley and Klaus came downstairs with Hope to find the others gathered in the living room. They were all sat down, Elijah was holding Veida and Kayla was holding Axel who was grasping at her hair, playing with it something he liked to do with all the females.

Hayley and Klaus just smiled as they made their way over making the others stop what they were doing and look up. "Hey, you came to join us at last" Kol said making the two nod "we had our time with Hope. It was nice, she's amazing" Klaus replied as he looked at Hope in Hayley's arms.