You are mates

Hey everyone, this will be my last chapter before New Year, so I hope you like it.

Three days later...

Davina's pov

I was just folding some laundry when Kol suddenly comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into him making me smile as he plants a kiss on the back of my shoulder.

"I take it, the babies are down for their naps" I say and I feel him nod against my shoulder "Axel took longer than Veida to fall asleep but that was no surprise. Rebekah managed to put Hope down for a nap, that one has been rather restless today" he says while kissing my shoulder.

"It's probably to do with teething, they are at that stage" I say smiling as he tightens his hold on me while nuzzling his face against the back of my neck. "Someone's very affectionate today" I say with a giggle as he kisses my earlope.

"I just miss you" he states making me frown slightly "but I'm right here" I say stopping with the laundry as I turn around in his arms. "I know but I hardly get to have you to myself these days. We're all so busy with taking care of the kids and cleaning up after them" he responds making me sigh.

"I know things have been a little hectic with the sleepless nights and the non stop crying at times which has left us all exhausted and barely any energy left for us to do something together" I say making him nod "which I think is important that we take any opportunity to get a little alone time together, even if it's just for a moment" he muses leaning forward until his lips touch mine making me melt in his arms.

I bring my hands to his face, deepening the kiss making him hum against my lips when suddenly I hear a car pulling up outside making me and Kol apart. "I don't think we were expecting anyone" I say before Kol suddenly frowns and reaches a hand into his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper.

He unfolds it "it's from Demetri, my witch friend. He says Klaus has sent someone to us but he doesn't mention who" Kol explains as he reads over the note before showing it to me.

He starts making his way to the front door so I follow after him. He opens the door and steps out just as the car that pulled up, shuts off. I step out after him and my eyes widen as the car door opens and my aunt steps out.

"Aunt Kayla!" I exclaim instantly running to her and throwing my arms around her making her laugh "oh I've missed you" she states hugging me closer before pulling back and cupping my face "you look great. You're glowing and you're healthy and strong just like your sister" she says making me smile as we hug again.

"When did you wake from your coma?" I ask "a few days ago, Klaus sent me here because he thought you should know that I'm awake" she explains just as the other door to the car opens and Demetri steps out, shutting the car door behind him.

"Oh yeah, Klaus sent Demetri with me. We'll need him as me, you and Kol need to talk" she says making me frown "okay, sure" I respond watching as Demetri walks up to Kol and they shake hands.

I hook my arm through Kayla's as we start making our way into the house "this house is lovely" Kayla comments looking around "thanks" I respond "so where are the little ones? I didn't come all this way just to see you, my dear niece" she states making me giggle "they're having a nap right now but you can see them when they wake up" I respond making her nod as I lead her into the living room where Kol is talking with Demetri.

"So would you like anything to drink?" I ask looking between them "I'll have a coffee" Kayla replies making me nod "Demetri, would you like anything?" I ask "just water please" he replies making me nod as I walk out the room.

....

I return a few minutes later and set their drinks down on the coffee table "where's Rebekah? I heard she was with you guys?" Kayla asks "she's just nipped out. She'll be back later" Kol replies making her nod "so what is it you need to talk to us about?" I ask as I sit myself down next to Kol who grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers.