Sent away

The next day....

Kol's pov

I head downstairs and make my way to the kitchen seeing my brother's stood round the island counter. "Good morning brother" Elijah greets as he hands me a blood bag which I instantly rip my teeth into and drink.

"How's Davina?" Klaus asks looking at me "she's okay, some of her bruises have healed" I respond as I toss my blood bag in the bin after finishing it. "Where is she?" Elijah questions "upstairs asleep" I respond making them nod.

"It gives us some time to talk" Klaus says making me frown "talk about what?" I ask curiously yet suspiciously "about what's going to happen next. Obviously we have important tasks at hand to find Sabine and kill her and restore New Orleans to a more peaceful city but we need to discuss the girls well being" Elijah explains "right okay" I respond as the three of us go and sit round the table.

"I think it would be safer if Davina left New Orleans for a while. After what happened with Will, I think she could do with getting away and staying clear from the city until further notice" Klaus says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"You want to send my girlfriend away?" I ask "yes but not alone. I was thinking we could send her to our sister. She'll protect her if anything goes wrong" Elijah pipes up "and what of Hayley?" I ask looking between them "she will remain here, we have actually already discussed the matter with her. She wishes to remain here and help deal with Sabine but she agrees that it would be in Davina's best interest for her to get out of the city for the next few months. She's noticed that Davina has become increasingly stressed recently which isn't good for her or the baby" Klaus replies making me sigh.

"I get it but I don't like the idea of her being away from me especially after what just happened" I respond Davina's safety is my priority but the idea of sending her away from me especially when she's due to give birth in 3 months makes me feel conflicted.

"I don't want to miss anything of her pregnancy, I want to be there for her" I say and Klaus let's out a little snort "you're not gonna miss much" he says "there's still more to experience, her bump is still growing, the baby is starting to kick and move around more plus Davina is starting to struggle putting shoes on, her feet are swollen a lot. Davina needs me and I need to be there for her" I say and Elijah nods in understanding.

"Davina wouldn't be alone brother, Rebekah would be on hand to help her if she needs" Klaus says "but Rebekah isn't the father of the baby, I am" I retort "I wish to go with her" I add and he instantly shakes his head.

"That is not an option little brother, you are needed here" he says making me scoff "and I would think my pregnant girlfriend would need me more" I retort "Kol it's important we make New Orleans a safe, peaceful place for our children and me and Elijah cannot do that without you" he says "I get it, I do but I don't want to let Davina out of my sight. I've made the mistake of doing that a few times and everytime something has happened to her" I respond making them sigh.

"How about we propose a compromise?" Elijah suggests as he fiddles with the cuffs on his suit jacket "it depends on the compromise" I retort "my compromise is you remain here with us for a month and help us and then you go and be with Davina and spend the remaining two months she will have left until she gives birth" Elijah says "and what happens after she gives birth?" I ask "well as long as things go according to plan and New Orleans is restored to a more peaceful and safe city you along with Davina and your child will return" Elijah responds making me pause and bite down on my lip.

"I would say that's a fair compromise brother" Klaus states he should understood why I didn't want to be far from Davina but he needed me here with him and Elijah to help sort out their little problem with Sabine and reshape New Orleans for the sake of our children.