Papa tunde

One week later...

No one's pov

Hayley and Davina were at the compound with Rebekah while Kol, Elijah and Klaus were out with Marcel as they had been called out to a crime scene as something had happened late last night so they went to investigate since weird things were starting to occur in New Orleans like the surprise resurrection of Mary-Alice.

Mary-Alice had kept herself hidden after being revived by a protection spell that Sabine put on her. She was in hiding, waiting for her time to come to make her move against Kol and Davina who she really wanted to make suffer Kol killed her, she was still feeling very bitter about the whole ordeal. She couldn't understand why Kol liked Davina or what was so special about her compared to her or any other girl Kol dated in the past.

Genevieve had made herself known without revealing how or why she was back but she is slowly working towards getting in Klaus's good graces, well by that I mean she is planning on seducing her way into his bed. She's already been flirting with him and always wears low cut tops or dresses when she's around him.

Davina and Hayley do not like Genevieve after meeting her, Davina had a gut feeling about Genevieve that was telling her to beware of the red head witch and that she was up to no good so she kept her distance from the witch. Rebekah also didn't like the witch but that was for a whole other reason that only she and Marcel knew about.

Kol often came across Marcel and Rebekah speaking in hushed tones and looking around as if to make sure nobody was around or listening and he was suspicious. He knew they were hiding something and he knew Klaus could sense it too as Rebekah had been rather distant and jumpy around Klaus whenever he appeared and Kol always saw guilt in her eyes which he couldn't understand why she looked guilty. If only he knew it was because she was guilty of betraying Klaus so long ago with Marcel and Genevieve knew about the betrayal and was planning to expose their betrayal to Klaus.

 ...

Kol's pov

My brothers arrive at the scene where a body had been found and I instantly stop at the sight of a desiccated vampire lying in a witch circle which has familiar looking symbols inside. The vampire has a symbol carved into their forehead "what is this?" Klaus asks "whatever this is spells trouble. I recognize these symbols and they mean nothing good" I say crouching down to get a closer look but making sure not to touch anything.

"I've seen this before, we need to leave it alone" Marcel says making me stand up "no we need to find the witch that is doing this because they could be planning on doing this to someone else and I don't know about you but I don't want wish to find anyone else like this because the more people that end up like this the more power that witch will get" I say "at least the vampire isn't dead" Elijah says "for now he's not but he will be if we don't find a way to cancel the spell on him as the spell or the witch that did this to him is drawing from his power" I say making them turn to me.

"You're sure of this?" Klaus asks "I know a lot about witchcraft and I know witches and I know symbols. This vampire is being used as a power battery that the witch is drawing from, I can feel the magic of this spell and it's dark. Whoever this witch is they aren't here to play nice, they're here to start something and we need to stop it" I say seriously "get the vampires to keep a look out for anyone suspicious, we must find this witch and end them" Klaus orders looking at Marcel.

"If I were you I'd just leave it alone unless you want the witch to come to your doorstep. This is bad magic and I don't want to dabble in it" he says making me roll my eyes "neither do I but I'm not gonna stand back while some crazy witch goes round using vampires and whatnot as sacrificial power batteries. This witch is familiar with sacrificial magic and they're making a statement leaving this guy out in the open so we find the witch and kill them" I say and Klaus claps me on the back making me shrug him off.