Midnight run

Davina's pov

I groan as I shift back into my human form upon returning home. On every full moon, I go out after midnight and shift in my wolf form and have a run through the woods near where we live. Due to not being able to shift while I was pregnant, I had a desperate need to let my wolf out but I do on every full moon only even though I can shift whenever I want but I chose only to do so on a full moon.

As I approach the house, I see the porch light on and smile as I see Kol sitting on the porch swing, gently swinging back and forth. 

I walk up to the porch "I'm back" I announce as I walk up the steps and he looks up, an instant smile spreads across his face and I blush as I notice his eyes rake up and down my naked body.

"Did you have a nice run darling?" he asks as he stands up holding a robe in his hand "I did. How are our babies?" I ask walking up to him and turning round as he holds the robe out for me, allowing me to slip it on and cover myself up.

"They're fine, there were no issues however Veida has just woken up but Rebekah's seeing to her" he explains as I turn back around to face him. He lowers his head making me lean up on my tip toes as he presses his lips against mine making me hum as I kiss back.

"Thanks for waiting for me again" I mumble against his lips without breaking the kiss. He hums against my lips, moving a hand to the back of my head "you're welcome darling. I like greeting you when you come home" he says briefly breaking the kiss before returning his lips to mine and sliding a hand down the side of my body before resting it on my hip.

When I return from my midnight strolls, Kol is always waiting on the porch for me with a robe in hand to cover myself with before I enter the house. I find it rather sweet of him.

I gasp as he adds tongue to the kiss and tightens his grip on my hip before tugging me closer to him. My hands fly to his chest, clutching his t-shirt as our tongues start to battle for dominance and I feel heat rush to my core.

There hasn't been any intimacy between us since the twins were born but not because we haven't wanted to be intimate but because we've just been so preoccupied with the twins and Hope. After dealing with the children, we just don't have any time for ourselves as once the children are asleep, we have to house chores to do. Chores we can't really do when the children are awake so at the end of the day, we're always so tired and don't have the energy to have sex as we usually pass out the minute, we hit the bed but god I miss it.

"Kol" I whimper as he breaks the kiss and kisses down my neck making me tilt my head back when suddenly the front door swings open making Kol stop and we pull away from each other to see Rebekah standing in the doorway with Veida in her arms.

"Veida needs a diaper change and it's a messy one so have fun" she says passing Veida to Kol with a smirk before walking back into the house. Kol suddenly crinkles his nose "oh wow Veida" he complains gently holding her away from him.

"You stink little lady" he coos still crinkling his eyes and gagging slightly making me shake my head "my eyes...my eyes are watering" he says and Veida grins at him making me giggle "oh you would grin wouldn't you?" he retorts and she just continues grinning at him.

"I'll deal with this. Come here my stinky baby" I coo taking her from him and not being dramatic about the smell. "Let's go change you and possibly give you a bath" I coo as I walk into the house and head upstairs.

No one's pov

Kol enters the house after Davina and their son Axel starts crying followed by Hope "I got Axel!" Kol exclaimed as he started heading up the stairs "I got Hope!" Rebekah called from somewhere in the house.