Klaus knows

Continues from previous chapter...

Kol's pov

We arrive at the abandoned building that Genevieve is said to be at and the second we step foot on the grounds. We hear Klaus yelling from inside but it's not an angry yell, it's more like a pained yell.

Me and Elijah exchange a look before he steps forward to go inside but I stop him by putting my hand in front of him.

"Wait we can't just walk straight in there without being aware of any potential traps" I say making him sigh "you're right, I just don't like to hear our brother being in pain. Whatever that witch is doing to him, its hurting him and we must stop it" he says clenching his jaw.

"And we will stop it, we just have to think rationally here unless we want to be caught in whatever little traps there maybe around here" I say making him nod and I start looking around before grabbing a small rock from the floor.

"What are you gonna do with that stone?" he asks "I'm gonna play hopscotch with it, what do you think I'm gonna do?" I retort sassily "no need to get snarky with me little brother" he replies "well then don't ask me stupid questions" I retort as I take a few steps forward only to stop when I'm a few inches away from the front of the building.

I glance at a small window so I start tossing the stone in my hand before hurling it at the window with quite some strength so the window just smashes to piece and a bat flies out from the building making me and Elijah duck.

"Well no sirens went off and I didn't hear anything go off that sounded like a trap" I say "no but it would've caught Genevieve's attention and we're suppose to be discreet" he says making me roll my eyes "smashing the window is a distraction. She would have heard it and will come to investigate what happened leaving Nik alone" I explain making him nod in understanding.

I hear suddenly Genevieve's voice and it sounds like she's close so I use my vampire strength and speed to jump up onto the roof. Elijah follows after me and we disappear to the back of the roof and jump off where there's a back door which is open ajar.

I pry it open and kick a toss a rock inside to test if there's any traps but nothing happens so I walk right in and Elijah enters behind me. I listen out for Genevieve and hear her talking "I don't know what that was but you better find out, go search the area" I hear her say "But Gene..." I hear a familiar voice say making me frown. "She's suppose to be dead, I killed her" I mumble "who?" Elijah asks "Mary-Alice, she showed up and she was talking crap to me and Davina, she pissed Davina off and me then I killed her after she made some kind of threat towards our baby" I explain in a hushed tone.

"How is she alive if you killed her?" he asks "beats me but I'm willing to bet it's the same person who brought her back in the first place along with Papa tunde and Genevieve" I explain as we quietly walk around, trying not to make any sound.

We suddenly hear Klaus yell somewhere in the building "make it stop ahhh!" he yells "we need to find him now" Elijah says in a determined tone before standing up straight and straightening out his suit as he walks out and grabs Mary-Alice as he bumped into her as he walked out, he instantly grabs her by the throat pressing her up against the wall.

"Where is my brother?" he seethed making her gasp as he tightens his grip on her throat, she looks at me with a pleading look making me stuff "don't look at me, I'm not gonna help you" I say with my arms folded as I lean against the wall.

"Speak, tell me where is my brother?" Elijah asks "f-follow the sounds of his screaming and you'll soon find him" she spits glaring at him "allow me brother" I say shooing him aside and she goes to run "Gen...." she starts to yell out before I slap my hand against her mouth and slam her up against the wall.