Not so dead

Continues from previous chapter...

Kol's pov

After what feels like forever, I seem to run out of tears and I lift up my head, still clinging to Davina's body which has gone cool though there still seems to be a bit of warmth to her cheeks.

I hear Rebekah move away with the twins who have somewhat stopped crying but are still whimpering which tugs at my heart. I should be holding them and trying to sooth them but how can I do that when I need someone to hold and sooth me? I know they're crying for their mother, they know something's wrong or that something has happened to her which is making them restless.

I look up at Rebekah as she walks back over to me with a saddened look on her face as she looks at her phone, somehow being able to use it while holding the twins in her arms "what is it?" I ask "it's Elijah" she says with glossy eyes "Hayley's dead too" she says "how?" I ask "a witch slit her throat not long after she gave birth to the baby" she explains making me glance back at Davina, my eyes going to the jaggered line on her throat.

"They were linked" I mutter before looking at Rebekah "the witches they must've somehow linked the girls and sped forward their pregnancies to make them give birth and then when Hayley got her throat slit, the same happened to Davina" I say and Rebekah's face hardens.

"Those witches are going to pay for what they've done" she seethes making me nod "yes but first we need to get out of this shit hole. I don't want my children being here any longer" I say making her nod "what of Davina?" she asks making me look down at my love in my arms.

"We bring her too, I'm not leaving her here however I want this place burned to the ground" I say as I stand up, scooping Davina's body up in my arms "get Davina and the babies in the car then I'll do the honors brother" Rebekah replies making me nod my head "very well" I say before we leave the cabin and head to the car.

We reach the car in no time thanks to our vamp speed, I open the trunk of the car "sorry love" I say as I place Davina in the trunk before covering her with a blanket and shutting the trunk. Rebekah walks up to me and hands me the twins who instantly settle in my arms and coo making me smile lightly "I'll be right back, I've got a cabin and dead witches to burn" Rebekah says as she grabs a lighter and a bottle of alcohol in the car before vamp speeding away.

I look down at my children who gaze up at me curiously and my heart fills with warmth as they're both so tiny and adorable "hey" I coo as I gently rock them in my arms. My son yawns and stretches his arms up above his head "tired huh?" I say with a light chuckle before my daughter suddenly whines "hey what's to do?" I ask making her stop whining and she gazes up at me with big brown eyes making my heart melt.

I suddenly hear a bang making me look up and I see smoke in the air before Rebekah appears "all done" she says wiping her hands as she walks towards me. She takes the twins since I'm driving and we get in the car.

The twins grow restless in her arms so she tries to shush them by rocking her arms and talking to them as I put the car in reverse before moving back and turning the car around to head back to the safe house.

......

I pull up outside the house and we get out, I get Davina's body from the trunk, not removing the blanket as I can't bear to look at her without breaking out into tears. 

We head into the house "I'll go put these two in the moses basket" Rebekah says making me nod. Rebekah bought a moses basket a few weeks back which comes in handy since the crib hasn't been put up yet. I was going to put it up in the next few weeks since I had time before the babies were supposed to be born but of course meddling witches happened and now the babies are here, earlier than expected.