I spy mother

New Orleans.....

No one's pov

"Remind me why we're doing this again?" Hayley questioned as she put on some earrings as she finished getting ready for the honorary witch event.

"To find out who my mother is inhabiting so we can get rid of her" Elijah explained as he locked eyes with her through the mirror.

"And why do I have to attend? I'm not a witch and I'd rather be anywhere else but here?" Hayley snarked she wasn't thrilled about having to attend the event when it was for the people who went after her daughter, niece and nephew.

If it was up to Hayley, she would wipe the floor with every witch in the city. That's how badly she detested the witches. She wanted to make them feel the pain she felt when her daughter was ripped away from her arms. She wanted them to suffer the way she suffers at not being able to see or hold her daughter.

"Because we need to show them that we are united, no matter what threats are about" Elijah replied and Hayley just sighed.

"We basically have to kiss their ass for a whole 2-3 hours. As if they didn't already think so highly of themselves before" she stated rather sarcastically making Klaus chuckle as he appeared in the doorway.

"That's how we will figure out who my mother is inhabiting. My mother won't be able to resist having someone kiss her arse since she's always been ever so proud of herself" he stated with a grin as he held his hands behind his back.

"I think you forgot to mention smug. Mother is very smug" Elijah pitched in "ah yes, can't forget her smugness" Klaus retorted "gee, I wonder which of you inherited that trait?" Hayley pondered sarcastically as she looked between the two brothers.

"Not me, that's for sure" Elijah replied making Klaus scoff in response "no, you just inherited her slyness" he stated "I am not sly" Elijah replied "oh come off it, you might hide it behind that noble exterior of yours but I know better" Klaus retorted "well this conversation has been interesting but could the two of you leave? I need to finish" Hayley spoke before shooing the brothers out of the room.

"I have guests to greet anyways" Klaus said before vamp speeding away "great, the witches are arriving" Hayley mumbled rolling her eyes "everything will be fine. Just keep it together" Elijah said before leaving.

"It would be so much better if my sister were here" Hayley said with a sigh as she looked over to the nightstand where there was a picture of her and Davina. The picture had been taken last year when everything wasn't so hectic but Hayley wouldn't change it because she has a daughter now and her sister has two babies that she thought she'd never be able to have. She just hates the way things turned out.

"I miss you sis" she mumbled as she starred at the photo before going to the closet to pick out some shoes.

....

Klaus and Elijah were stood on the balcony as the witches wandered into the compound where the honorary party was being held. It was a formal theme so all the men were wearing suits and ties while the women were wearing long lavish dresses.

"Anyone caught your eye yet?" Elijah questioned "not yet" Klaus replied before taking a sip of wine. Elijah cleared his throat and picked up a glass before tapping it loudly making everything go quiet as everyone turned their attention to him.

"Evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is a pleasure to have you all here tonight, on this splendid evening. A night to honor all you witches for your gifts and graces. New Orleans wouldn't be what it is without any of you" Elijah spoke as his eyes wandered over every single person standing in the court yard.