Colourful Vocabulary

One week later....

Davina's pov

I was bored out of my mind as the Mikaelson's were out. I know Kol is out trying to find out a way to break the curse on the Crescent pack since the witch who cast it is dead.

I don't know where Elijah and Klaus are though but I think they're at the Quarter having a meeting with Marcel. Rebekah is out of town as she has feelings for Marcel and she's upset because Marcel's in some sort of relationship with a human named Cami who is a therapist.

I have actually met Cami as Klaus brought her over here last week as he's compelling her to write his memoir as if that's completely normal. Plus he's also using her to get at Marcel and she is a nice girl don't get me wrong but she's a little dull and boring.

"God I'm so sick of this" Hayley groans beside me "sick of what?" I ask as she stands up and paces back and forth, biting her nails. "This! We're stuck indoors all day and night. We can't even step outside for two minutes without Klaus barking his head off yelling at us to get inside!" she snaps running a hand through her hair.

"I know it sucks, I'm quite sick of it too but we can't get stressed over it as it's not good for our babies" I respond rubbing my small but evident baby bump.

"I know, it's just when will this end? Will we ever be able to go outside and enjoy the fresh air without worrying if Marcel or one of his little bitches catches us? What if we're still living like this by the time our babies are born? I don't want my baby growing up like a prisoner" Hayley rants so I stand up and stop her from pacing as I place my hands on her shoulders.

"Nobody wants that Hayley but I know things won't be like this forever" I respond and she scoffs. "When? Klaus is taking the piss with this trying to reclaim New Orleans from Marcel plot and making more enemies left, right and center. He doesn't care about his child or his niece or nephew!" she snaps frustratedly.

"So Klaus doesn't currently have his priorities straight but that doesn't mean the others don't. Elijah and Rebekah are trying to help us and Kol he's helping us free our pack from the curse" I respond taking her hands in mine.

"Kol may be helping but he's not doing it for me D" she says making me frown. "What are you talking about?" I ask confused "oh come on don't act oblivious. Kol has a thing for you and he's trying to impress you by helping you" she says making me snort.

"You're wrong Kol doesn't have a thing for me. He's helping me because he's my friend" I respond "yeah a friend who clearly wants to be more than friends" she retorts making me roll my eyes.

"Think what you want Hayley but I know Kol doesn't have a thing for me" I respond making her shrug and fold her arms across her chest. "Fine you keep thinking that but just know that I know Kol does have a thing for you" she replies before walking away with a smug smile on her face making me roll my eyes.

I shake my head and sit back down, grabbing a book to read when my phone starts going off.

I frown putting the book down as I reach my hand into my pocket and pull out my phone.

My eyes widen seeing it's Josh calling me. "Shit" I curse under my breath as I haven't spoken to Josh since I came to New Orleans and I've been here for nearly a month now.

I accept the call and bring it to my ear "Josh" I say "D where the hell are you? I haven't heard from you in like a month and that's not like you" Josh rants and I know he's worried because I've never gone too long without talking to him as he's my best friend.

"Josh please calm down and I'll explain everything to you, it's kind of complicated" I respond "okay, I'm listening" he says making me sigh. "Promise me you won't tell anyone?" I ask earning a scoff from him.