Here we come

Hayley's pov

It's been three days since we got Elijah back from Esther and for the first two days, he was bed ridden as he practically became comatose, he did nothing but mumble and sweat profusely. He was clearly still recovering from what his bitch of a mother did to him.

Today, he finally came out of his state of comatose but he's been rather closed off and just staring off out the window in his room. Something's bothering him but whenever me and Klaus try to pry, he just tells us it's nothing to concern ourselves with and that he's okay.

"He's not okay, Klaus. Whatever your mother did to him, has somewhat broke him" I say as I walk out after coming back from checking on Elijah. "I think she's messed with his head but my brother will be back to normal in no time. He just needs to overcome whatever it is that our egg donor of a mother has done to him" Klaus replies making me raise an eyebrow.

"That's the first time, I've heard you call her an egg donor? It's always been, that bitch or evil bitch" I state somewhat mocking his accent making him smirk. "Well, she is one. She's never been a good mother, well maybe once upon a time when we were very little she was but somewhere along the way she stopped being a mother" he replies making me scoff.

"She stopped being a mother the moment, she hid your true identity from you. A real mother wouldn't stand by and allow her child to be beaten by their husband, a mother wouldn't sabotage their child's strength so they would be weak against an abusive father. A mother wouldn't plot to kill her children or continuously try to ruin their lives. A mother would do anything to ensure her children are safe and loved" I rant and he turns nodding his head.

"You're right, little wolf. However, Esther has a warped mind where she thinks she's in the right and that all she did was for us but it was never for us. She wronged all of us, she let all of us down, she's ruined us but never again. I will not allow her to plague this family any longer, the moment I found her, heads will roll and Finn's may follow if he choses to follow in her path" Klaus rants "the darkness and hurt she's displayed on this family. I will not allow her to taint our daughter or our niece and nephew with it" he adds making me smile.

"Speaking of which, how are things going with her? I heard the screams earlier" I say as he's been torturing Esther in the basement since we got her in our clutches. "Well, I've certainly enjoyed torturing her but she is very deluded, she refuses to take any responsibilities for her own actions and instead blaming it on us and if you haven't been informed already, Esther completed the transition. Unlike she did to me and my siblings, I gave her the option and she took the latter" he explains making me scoff.

"Brother, Hayley" Elijah says as he suddenly emerges "Elijah? You've emerged from your room. Are you feeling better?" I ask with my arms folded "not any better than the last time you asked. I was actually heading out to visit Camille, I feel talking to her will help me make sense and cope with what Esther did to me. I feel talking to someone will help me" he explains making me and Klaus exchange looks.

"Elijah, you can talk to us. I'm your brother, whatever that dreadful birth giver did to you, you can tell me" Klaus tried to assure him "we know she used Tatia somehow because you kept mumbling her name" I say making Elijah run a hand through his hair.

"I do not wish to speak of this right now" he states before making his way through us and vamp speeding away. "I'll notify Camille that he's coming her way" Klaus mumbled with a sigh as he pulled his phone out "you still talk to her? Haven't seen much of her these days" I say making him look up at me "Marcel's been keeping her busy" he replies "are those two....?" I trail off as he nods.

"Oh, Rebekah's not going to be pleased" I say knowing Rebekah loves Marcel or at least that's what she told me the last time I saw her "well she's not here right now. She's got more important things on her plate than to worry about men" he retorts "besides Marcel and Cami are only engaging in casual sex. It's nothing more than that" he adds making me scrunch up my nose.