Journey

Continues from previous chapter....

Kol's pov

I watch from the doorway as Davina sits breastfeeding our son who is suckling away while I have our daughter in my arms, she's wide awake and getting a little antsy as she waits her turn for her feed.

"Someone sure is hungry" Davina comments looking down at our son as he continues suckling, I see his little hand grasping at her chest "he needs all he can get in order to grow big and strong" I say "I know but his sister needs some too" she replies making me chuckle as I walk over with our daughter.

 "Swap time?" I ask making her nod and she tries to detach our son from her chest but he just whines and clings onto her and continues suckling "nope he's not done" she says making me chuckle.

"Okay buddy come on now, save some for your sister" I coo as I gently take him from her, handing our daughter to her in his place. He starts crying and waving his fists around "oh dear, what a face" I say with a chuckle as he gives me a disgruntled look with an angry fist.

"I know, I know I'm sorry I interrupted your feed but your sister was hungry too" I say but he just continues to give me the stink eye "not even a few hours old and you've already mastered the stink eye huh?" I say with a chuckle before I bring him to my chest and start rubbing his back to wind him.

I eye Davina and our daughter who is now happily suckling away at her chest as Davina rubs the side of her back and hums quietly making me smile.

"Kol" Rebekah says as she appears in the doorway making me turn "what's up?" I ask "I've received word from Nik, he wants us all to meet" she says making me frown "why?" I ask "he wants to talk to us in person and he wants us all there" she explains "okay where are we meeting?" Davina asks now stood up but still feeding our daughter.

"Somewhere far from New Orleans, he doesn't want us stepping foot in New Orleans so he's sent me a location where to meet him" Rebekah replies "when does he want to meet?" I ask as I continue rubbing my son's back until he lets out a little burp.

"As soon as possible as it's rather important" she replies "well we probably won't get there until at least tomorrow night depending on where it is exactly, he wants us to meet and if we set off now" I say "that's fine, I'll inform Nik" she replies making me nod "we'll get the twins ready. Could you prepare a bag for us for the journey?" Davina asks making her nod "of course, I'll get right on it once I've informed Nik when we will arrive" Rebekah replies before vamp speeding away.

"What could be going on that would cause your brother to not want us to meet him in New Orleans?" Davina questions as she looks at me "I don't know, we won't know until we see him" I say and she nods and sighs before placing her head against my shoulder so I plant a kiss on her forehead.

Our daughter pulls away from her chest so Davina gently adjusts her in her arms, covering her breast as she starts winding her.

.....

Half an hour later....

We're all packed and ready to go, Rebekah packed two bags for the twins for the journey while I packed a duffel bag for me and Davina. We'll likely stop off at a motel either on the way or coming back to allow Davina and the twins to rest even though they will nap on the journey.

"So do I get to know the names of my niece and nephew?" Rebekah questions as me and Davina put the twins in the car in their baby carrier seats, Rebekah went and bought an extra one after Davina completed her transition.

"Not yet, we're going to wait until we're all together before announcing their names" I respond making her huff "you just have to be difficult don't you?" she retorts "I'm not being difficult, I would just rather announce the names of our little darlings once we're all together" I respond as me and Davina get in the front of the car while Rebekah gets in the back in between the twins.

Rebekah already gave me the location of where we're going to meet Nik so I've put the address in the sat nav. I hear the twins stirring in the back so I look back and smile as I see them wide awake and peering around.

I turn on the engine and start reversing the car "hey Rebekah did you happen to inform your brothers and my sister that me and Kol had twins?" Davina asks suddenly making me glance back at my sister through the rearview mirror "I haven't said anything, thought it would be interesting for them to find out in person" Rebekah replies with a smirk.

.

.

.

.

.

3 hours later....

I pull up at a gas station to fill up the gas tank as we're running a little low and I also stopped because Davina needs to feed the twins who are stirring and starting to get rowdy in the back. I exit the car as Davina moves into the back to feed the twins "okay my little ones I've come to feed you" she coos making the twins quiet down a bit.

I start filling the tank as Davina starts to feed our daughter while my sister tries to keep our son occupied as he waits to be fed.

Once I've filled up the tank, I head into the gas station shop to buy for the gas I just filled the car with. I grab three disposable coffee cups as I make my way to the counter "be a good sport and cut yourself and bleed into these cups for me. I'll tell you when to stop" I compel the cashier who nods slowly before grabbing a pocketknife and cutting his palm.

He bleeds into the first cup while I pay for the gas "stop" I say once there's a decent amount of blood in the cup "next one" I say and he holds his palms above the second and I wait until there's enough in the cup before telling him to stop and shift onto the next cup.

I keep watch around me to make sure nobody is taking any notice and luckily there's no one around except for some fat fuzzy haired teenager wearing headphones with music loudly booming from them so he can't hear what's going on nor is he really paying attention to his surroundings.

"Okay stop, thank you that's enough" I say making the cashier stop "here" I say as I bite into my wrist and bleed into a little expresso shot cup "drink" I say and I watch as he drinks making the cut on his palm heal "very good, now forget this ever happened. I just came in here and paid for gas" I say looking into his eyes as I compel him, I see his pupils dilate as the compulsion works.

"Have a nice day now" he says making me nod "you two mate" I say before grabbing the three coffee cups containing the blood I just got from him and I exit the store and make my way back to the car where Davina is now feeding our son.

"Got a little something" I announce as I reach the car, handing one cup to Rebekah "it's only half full" she says giving me a look "what? I had to get three cups for the three of us, if I had the poor bloke fill the cups to the top, he would've passed out from blood loss and I'm feeling rather nice today" I explain as I glance at Davina and our babies making a smile spring to my face.

"Is one for me?" Davina asks looking at the cups in my hand "why of course" I say as I bring the cup to her lips and she tilts her head back as she sips on the blood since she can't hold the cup herself since she's holding our son in her arms, feeding him.

"Hmm tasty" she says licking her lips as the veins under her eyes disappear and I feel my pants tighten making me give myself a mental pep talk as I return to the drivers seat.

I get in and start up the car "okay we're all done" Davina says as our son finally detaches from her chest and she starts winding him "I can do that while you get in the front and Kol can set off" Rebekah offers "okay but put him straight back in the baby carrier when you're done" Davina replies "of course" she replies before Davina hands our son to my sister before getting out the back and getting in the passenger seat.

I reverse the car and pull out onto the road as Davina turns the radio on, putting the volume on low as I drive on towards our destination.

.

.