Chapter 42 Seraphina's Missing??

*Time Skip to Arlo, Elaine and John*
"Please, Arlo! We need your help! Seraphina's missing. She never came back to the dorm last night!" Elaine says.

"What?" Arlo asks.

"We think she might've gotten herself in trouble with some other students." Elaine says.

"..." Arlo looks at John.

"....?" " What are you looking at?" John asks.

"Nice going." Arlo replies.

"What's that suppose to mean?" John asks.

"You never cease to amaze me, John! Even though the two of you spend almost every waking moment together.... you somehow still manage to lose sight of her!" Arlo says.

"...." John stays silent.

"IDIOT!" Arlo yells.

"YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ARLO! This whole thing happened because you weren't competent enough to stop the news from spreading!" John states while yelling.

"..." "Please. She exposed herself! That has nothing to do with me!" Arlo says.

"..."

"While the two of you just continued to brush things off like nothing had changed.... I was the only one who tried to cover for her carelessness! Neither of you pulled your weight! So don't expect me to fix everything on my own!" Arlo says.

"Excuses." John says.

"..!!"

"If anything. This just proves how worthless of a king you are!" John states calmly.

Arlo grabs John by the shirt.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Arlo growls.

"GUYS, PLEASE!" Elaine wave her hands. "We're not here to fight each other! We need to find Seraphina!"

John smacks Arlo hand away. "That's right dumbass! You heard her!"

"....!"

Elaine look worried.

"Go figure out where she is!" John says.

Arlo just looks at John.

"Well.... What are you waiting for?" John asks.

Arlo frowns. "No."

"What?" John says in surprise.

"Why don't you show me how it's done, John? Go on.... Show me how much more capable you are!" Arlo says.

John looks mad. He clenches his fist.

"..."

"Find her yourself!" Arlo says.

John punches Arlo in the face.

"ARLO, YOU BITCH!" John yells.

Elaine hides behind Arlo with her eyes closed.

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME!" John adds.

Arlo grabs John's wrist.

"You know, I've been trying to figure you out all this time. Even after everything I've done..... After I got Seraphina suspended. After I dragged you to the outskirts and had Meili and Ventus ambush you..... Why would you still call on me? Why not keep your distance? It's because you want all the authority of a King without having to deal with any of the burdens. So you're leeching off of me.... Just like how you leeched off Seraphina. You're greedy." Arlo states.

"..." John looks surprised.

Arlo pushes John away.

"I won't stand for this any longer. Come on Elaine, we're leaving." Arlo says.

"ARLO! GET BACK HERE!" John stands up. "I'M WARNING YOU! ELAINE!" "..." 'DAMN IT!' John thinks.

John watches them walk away. John runs out and goes search for Seraphina.

'Sera, where are you? Come on! I need you to be safe.' John thinks.

"I want this to be special."

"Only for you."

John and Seraphina kiss.

'Wait! Zane! Of course!' John thinks.

John takes out his phone and calls Zane.

"Hello? John?" Zane answers.

"Zane! Seraphina is gone! She's missing!" John says.

"WHAT?! For how long?" Zane asks.

"Since yesterday. I need help. I tried to ask for Arlo and Elaine but they left and told me to do it myself." John says.

"Well they aren't wrong. But in all seriousness, me and Zari will help. I'll contact Lex to see if he can find her out in the streets. Alright?" Zane says.

"Good enough for me!" John says.

'Alright. I'll update when I have news. let me know if you find her." Zane says.

"Will do." John says as he ends the call.

*Hallway*
Zane puts away his phone.

"So Seraphina is missing?" Zari asks.

"She is. We'll look for her." Zane says.

They notice Meili pass by them. The two look at each other.

"Seems like Arlo did ask them to help search for her." Zane says.

"Mhmm. So did you text Lex?" Zari asks.

"I did. Lex said he will be looking around on the roofs to avoid anyone looking at him." Zane says.

"Then let's split up from here." Zari runs away.

'She is one of us and John like.... no, loves her so much. If she is gone, he'll be broken. Don't want that after what he has been through.' Zane thinks.

He remembers Mari dead on Lex hands.

Zane shakes his head and begins to look around.