Chapter 49 Zane & Zari Talk/John & Seraphina Talk

Zane was walking down the hallway. He looks to see Zari leaning on the wall.

"Zari!" Zane calls.

Zari looks at him and smiles. "Hey Zane. So how did it go with John?"

"That Keon guy was really pushing those questions with John. He has the nerve to do that in front of me. And mother and Maria walked in at the last minute." Zane says.

"Oh really? I wonder how that went." Zari giggles.

"Just like you and me. She probably threatened them." Zane smirks.

"So how is John doing?" Zari asks.

"He's shaken up. No doubt it has to do with that Keon guy. Whatever he did to John has him scared. Maybe that could be the reason why he won't give in to his feelings for Seraphina." Zane says.

"I see. Let's see how mother think about that Keon guy when we ask her." Zari says.

Zane nods. The two walk away.

*Outside the school building*
John was leaning on the wall. "....."

"Hey." Seraphina calls.

"Oh, hi Sera." John says.

"What's the matter? Got a headache or something?" Seraphina asks.

"Nah, I was just thinking about some stuff." John replies.

"Hm.." Seraphina hums. She stares at John with a curious expression.

John looked a little nervous. He begins to walk. "Alright, let's start heading back then!"

"..."

As they walk, Seraphina was looking at John.

"......"

"Hey, John.... I heard them call you to the office today. What was that about?" Seraphina asks.

"Oh, yeah! It was just that Keon guy from the authorities. He came to question me about Unordinary. Not a big deal though! I made it out in one piece." John says.

"Really...? No 'month-long' suspension or anything?"Seraphina asks.

"Nope. It was thanks to Zane. AND! Mrs.Lance and Lex's mother came to the office today. Still, I don't think they see me as a threat? Being a cripple has its perks after all!" John says as his hand shakes.

"...." Seraphina was looking at John's shaking hand. She grabs his hand.

"...??" John looked surprised.

"Your hand's been shaking this entire time. Are you sure you're okay?" Seraphina asks.

"........." "Let go." John says as he tugs his hand away. John looked surprised and sweats a little.

"......??" Seraphina looked worried.

"I'm still a bit nervous from the interrogation... It's fine." John says.

'Nervous? I've never seen him act like this before! But..... it pains me to see him like this.' Seraphina thinks.

"I just need to walk around and cool off." John says as he begins to walk away.

"......" "John!" Seraphina calls.

John stops walking.

"Since I've lost my ability, you've always had my back. And it's helped me get through everything. But this goes both ways....! I can tell that something's been bothering you. So please... let me know what's going on! I know I can't solve problems like I used too. But you can still talk to me... I can still listen." Seraphina says. 'Because I love you. Please..... Talk to me.'

'Compared to what you have to put up with....' John thinks of what happened to Seraphina after she lost her ability. 'My problems are nothing.' "......" He looks at Seraphina. "Aw come on Sera. You're overreacting! I told you, I'm just a bit shaken up. I'll get over it."

Seraphina watches John walk away. "...." She looked sad. 'John, why don't you trust me? I'm here for you. Please just tell me.' Seraphina looks at John with worried eyes.

'I'm sorry Seraphina..... I can't.' John thinks.