Chapter 44 Mid-Tiers beatdown and Zari just watches.

*Inside the Abandoned House*
"What the hell do we do now? What if we get suspended or expelled for all this?I can't have that kind of mark on my record! No university would ever accept me!" Crail says with a worried tone.

"Eh.... We already had it pretty good, huh? To be able to attend a prestigious school like Wellston.... We even built this tight network where not many others can challenge us." Krolik says.

"....." "Jeez! Why'd you have to be so greedy, Illena? We didn't need to force Seraphina all this way out here to humiliate her! We could've just knocked her down a couple times in school, and it would've had the same result!" Misa says.

"Hey, don't blame the whole thing on her! We all agreed to do this! Remember!" Wenqi says.

"Hmph!" Misa turns away.

"Whatever. There's nothing we can do about it now. Let's just head back." Illena says as she stand up.

Illena begins to walk away. The mid-tiers look surprised.

"I-Illena...!" Wenqi calls.

Illena notices two people standing in front of her. She looks to see a male with a black mask and a female with red mask.

".....?!"

John uses Isen's ability to target Illena.

"Who the-?" Illena cuts herself off as she sees a kick coming her way.

She activates her ability and gets kicked in the stomach.

"AUGH!" Illena coughs out blood.

Illena crashes to the wall. The other four mid-tiers look surprised.

"....."

'Damn John. No mercy. It's expected since they hurt the one you love.' Zari thinks.

John walks toward Illena.

"....."

The mid-tiers watch the masked person. John stands in front of Illena. He grabs her by the shirt. He readies his fist. Wenqi sees this and activates her ability.

"HEY, STOP IT! W-Who the hell are you?!" Wenqi asks. She runs towards the masked person. "LET HER GO!"

John lets go of Illena and she drops to the floor. John grabs Wenqi by the face and slams her to the floor.

"Uh..." Krolik looks surprised.

"...." Misa looks worried.

They see Illena and Wenqi knocked out.

"....."

"Holy shit! Let's get out of here!" Crail says.

John waits for Zari and to see what she'll do. He readies his attack incase she moves out of the way. Zari reveals her crystal wings to block their path. The mid-tiers stop and look at the masked female. She flies up and heads towards John. John takes this as a signal and shoots out a energy missile. The stairs blow up as Zari lands next to John.

"H-He just blew up our exit! What do we do now?" Crail asks.

"There's two of them. The female doesn't seem to be fighting but the male seems serious. We have to fight back! If we are lucky, he's the only one we have to worry about. I'll shoot! You two cover me!" Krolik says.

They activate their abilities. Krolik readies a energy laser.

"Okay! H-Here goes nothing!" Krolik says as he fires the energy laser.

John blocks it with his arm. "....." His arm begins to regenerate and it fully heals..

"He heals too?!" Misa says in surprise.

John dashes at the three mid-tiers. He targets Krolik using Isen's ability.

".....?!"

John punches Krolik in the chest. Blood comes out of his mouth and crashes to the wall. He drops to the broken stiars and crashs on them.

".....!!" Crail looks scared.

"......!!" Misa looks scared.

John turns to Misa. He walks towards her.

"G-GET AWAY FROM ME! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" Misa says as she holds her hand up at John.

John grabs Misa's wrist and punches her in the face. Misa falls on the floor. She coughs out blood. John extends his hand at her.

Misa looks at the masked male. ".....No!" she says in a scared tone. "P-PLEASE NO!"

John fires a explosion at Misa. Crail looks scared. John looks at Crail.

"Uh..." Crail looks concerned.

John walks toward Crail. She drops to his knees. Zari begins to walk towards Crail. Crail begins to shake in fear.

"P-Please...! I don't know what you want, but... If this is about Seraphina. I'm sorry! We never meant to go this far! I regret it all of it!" Crail says.

"....."

"If you regret it, why bother doing it in the first place?" Zari asks.

Crail looks at the masked female.

"Well?" Zari asks.

Crail says nothing.

"....." John looks at Zari.

Zari shrugs.

John knees Crail in the jaw. He proceeds to punch Crail in the face. Crail begins to cough out blood.

"GUH!" Blood comes out of Crail's mouth as John kicked him in the stomach.

He slides to the wall. Crail is unconscious. Zari pat's John shoulder.

"They'll live." Zari says.

John and Zari begin to leave.

Outside of the house, Zane and Cecile wait. Zari and John walk towards them. Cecile and Zane look at them.

"Finally finished?" Cecile asks.

John removes his mask.

"Did you at least go easy on them?" Cecile asks.

"They'll live." Zane says.

"....."

Cecile looks unsure.

"We're done here." John says.

"We'll see you soon." Zane says.

Zari reveals her crystal wings and flies away. Cecile watches the masked female fly away.

"How strong is she?" Cecile asks.

"Equal as me." Zane replies.

"I see." Cecile says.

"Enough talk." Zane says.

John and Zane begin to walk away. Cecile follows them.