Chapter 34 Arlo and Elaine talk 2

Elaine entered Woaba Boba. She spots Arlo.

"Arlo! Sorry I kept you waiting..." Elaine says as she proceeds to sit down.

"It's fine. I just got here." Arlo says.

The wait comes and takes their order. After a few minutes, their drinks came. Elaine proceeds to drink her boba.

'Ohh, this is really good!' Elaine thinks. "Uh, so Arlo...?"

"Hm?" Arlo hums as he drinks his coffee.

"Is there any particular reason you wanted to see me?" Elaine asks.

"Oh, yeah. Seraphina... Do you have any updates on her condition?" Arlo asks.

"Oh, right..." Elaine trails off. "..." "So far, no sign of her abilities returning. nothing's changed since last week." Elaine states.

"Hm..." Arlo trails off.

"I'm starting to get worried for her..." Elaine says.

The two stay silent for a moment.

"A few days ago... I overheard her on the phone. She mentioned that Doc had sent her blood sample to Wellston Hospital. So I think she was getting her results back..." Elaine states.

*Flashback*
"Really? Nothing at all..?" Seraphina asks. "How long should I expect to wait before my condition improves?"

Elaine listens in.

"'Indefinite'? W-What's that suppose to mean?!" Seraphina asks.

'........' Elaine looks worried.

*Flashback ends*

"I couldn't make out what they were saying to her.... But I've never heard her so shaken up before. Maybe the doctors don't know what's wrong with her either." Elaine states.

Arlo was silent before Elaine continued talking.

"Hey, Arlo..? I saw the postings about Seraphina today. Looks like the school found out after all..." Elaine trails off with worry.

"It was only a matter of time before this got out. We couldn't hide this forever." Arlo says.

"....So what should we do now?" Elaine asks. "This will offset the hierarchy, won't it? Everyone will challenge her, and more fights will break out."

"I'll step in if things get too chaotic. But for now, all we can do is wait it out. Once her ability recovers, everything will be fixed." Arlo points out.

"But... Uhm.. Do you think there's a chance this could be permanent?" Elaine asks.

'.......' "Don't be ridiculous! One simple injection won't defeat Seraphina. Besides, we have Zane and his friends working on it as well. If anyone could fix this, it's them." Arlo points out.

"Ah...! Right! That is true. Even though it's been a week... I'm just being paranoid." Elaine says.

"BREAKING NEWS! EMBER strikes yet again! Just a few hours ago, the authorities found the body of Heroine Mistress Emerald. In a alley on Argon Street in East Wellston. The motionless body once again left with the branded of the infamous flame logo. Also, the killer was found dead. It appears his body was ripped in two. Let's see what the authorities have to say about the situation." the news reporter says.

"We strongly discourage any new Heroes from coming forward! This isn't a game! You will surely be a target! What you're attempting isn't safe!" the male says. "However, whoever killed the murder of the heroine must be punished."

"How is this breaking news? Heroes have been dying for months now." Elaine points out.

Arlo remembers Rei being injured. "Ember has done some unforgivable things." Arlo says.

"What...?" Elaine asks.

"Nothing." Arlo replies. "Is there anything I should know about?"

"Well Saturday night... I caught Remi, Blyke and Isen with some person in a metal suit. Like they appeared all of a sudden before the metal suit speeded away." Elaine says.

'Why would those three be out at the night? Much less, speed away after being...!' Arlo thinks then widens his eyes. He looks at the tv. 'Don't tell me...! Those idiots went after them! The only one who can speed away like if they teleported was.... Zane's friend.' "I'll have a talk with Remi."

Elaine nods.